GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POLL:Where are you up to in Shenmue?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 14:56
Regular
I have just beat up Charlie in the tattoo parlour.I haven't played it for about 2 hours though becuase i've been trying out passport mode.It's cool!
Sun 07/01/01 at 19:11
The Game wrote:
> I had no Idea there was going to be a Shenmue II I can understand it
> though seeing as the game sounds so damn good!

And Shenmue cost
> 30 Million Yen so it was no where near $70 Million
> Jabroni....duh

Just Kidding

The Game

IT COST $70million.
Sun 07/01/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
How about Shenmue:Pub Crawl, Shenmue:Soccer Fan, or Shenmue:Hunt Protesters?
Sun 07/01/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I had no Idea there was going to be a Shenmue II I can understand it though seeing as the game sounds so damn good!

And Shenmue cost 30 Million Yen so it was no where near $70 Million Jabroni....duh

Just Kidding

The Game
Sun 07/01/01 at 16:37
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well Yeah I mean this Shenmue is all very good and I am sure that Mr and Mrs Sega are very proud but I think that they should have set it in England, I mean there could be so many different contrasts. Old Historic Buildings and Night Clubs - Parks and Pubs, know what I mean?!

I think that Japan or China or wherever it was was the WRONG place to set the game. when will Sega Learn! This MUST be the key to losing all their money, I mean the Japanese are the closest thing to us humans aren't they, I mean apart from the fact they are born with Chop-sticks in stead of fingers and a Black-Belt in Karate, Kung-Fu, Ju-Jitsu, Tae-kwon-do and all the rest of it, they are pretty much human.

I mean I understand the whole fighting part that's in their nature but I still think England would be best for Shenmue: The Sequel.

The Game
Sun 07/01/01 at 16:23
Regular
oic

When is Shenmue II being released then?
Sun 07/01/01 at 11:49
FantasyMeisteŽ wrote:
> and what then? Back to Shenmue or is it not worth playing again so
> soon?

'playing'? You mean living. Let's just say that when a chapter of YOUR life has passed, you don't need to repeat it again, as there'd be little or nothing to do! We await chapter 2 (although I haven't even started disc 2 yet...)
Sun 07/01/01 at 10:13
Regular
and what then? Back to Shenmue or is it not worth playing again so soon?
Sun 07/01/01 at 10:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Finished it! Stayed up till Midnight last Saturday playing through it and eventually completed it around 12:45am.

On to Grandia 2 now :o)

Non-Zero Possibility, formerly known as Bleeders
Sun 07/01/01 at 01:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
At the moment looking for the Pheonix mirror and have just entered the basement!! In other words half way through I guess??!!
Sat 06/01/01 at 21:55
$8million? Get real! Why do you think Sega are losing so much money? The game cost a whopping $70million to create - but it is a revolutionary experience, that finally breaks the mould of a tired world of RPGs. Shenmue is a masterpiece, and I'll be in no hurry to complete it because the game is not a game - it's another life - a life where I can beat up people without getting arrested. I think it offers an excellent insight into the world and culture of 1980s Japan.

I really do believe this is a classic, and who needs 'and thus a saga begins' blah blah - I don't won't to be over 50 and get cheap holidays! Although that flight to China might have reductions...

By the way, did anyone notice how impressive Sega Ages Volume 1 was? I didn't but i did notice that Sega backwards IS ages and so maybe they release games late purposely...

Hmmm...

check out my lovely Samba review!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.