GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't you just love it when..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/09/05 at 12:57
Regular
The GBA SP continues to be the biggest selling handheld games system in america.

1. PS2 = 253,000
2. GBA = ~180,000
3. PSP = 167,000
4. XBX = 134,000
5. NDS = ~100,000
6. GCN = 53,000

In fact I love the American console list. Despite the Gamecube being 200,000 consoles behind the PS2 it is still selling far better than it is in Japan. And The DS may be selling JUST 100,000 systems but that is still more than it is selling in Japan.

Granted America is a bigger play ground but it is great to see half of my prediction, that the GBA will still be the biggest handheld console in 2005, coming true.

Of course if you want to feel good about consoles sales, all Nintendo consoles combined reach 333,000 systems and the Playstation brand sells 420,000 systems....

That's a lot of systems
Sun 25/09/05 at 15:32
Regular
Padraic wrote:
> I thought that the stereotype for British was bad teeth

Heh, that is certainly one. My teeth are sexy.
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:36
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I thought that the stereotype for British was bad teeth
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:07
Regular
People don't believe "everyone" in America is stupid. It's just a stereotype.

Like the brits are posh, and the french smell...
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:11
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I agree. I live in Australia but I can't help but get annoyed by people who pigheadedly assume that America is entirely populated with either the rednecks or gargantuan obese people who they watch and read about.

P.S. This is the same logic as assuming that all Australians are convicts. Admittedly, I'm not descended from the convict immigrants but it still annoys me anyway.
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:09
Regular
Mourning My Wings wrote:
> I'm not going to bother arguing more at 1am., but just stop with the
> harsh "dur lO0k at mYy americaznz jokeZ". The nonharsh ones
> are acceptable, just don't go into a frenzy=/

Ahh, timezones. That explains why someone else is on at this time ¦^)
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:04
"Your darling mother"
therage79 wrote:
> Doesn't surprise me!
>
> America is full of stupid people, so the fact that there are 253,000
> listed here is just a drop in the ocean!

I understand that your cracking a slight joke, but the reality of is that over here in America there are more people than where you live, so there is bound to be a big handfull of stupid ones(like our president). But saying crap like this just shows to me that your head to too far up your as$s to realize that.

I'm not going to bother arguing more at 1am., but just stop with the harsh "dur lO0k at mYy americaznz jokeZ". The nonharsh ones are acceptable, just don't go into a frenzy=/
Sun 18/09/05 at 04:34
Regular
"8==="
Chr1s wrote:
>
> I don't see the logic in going out and buying the inferior product.

Because it's cheap, people who buy handhelds aren't always after the best graphics, there's loads of dirt cheap games out for it and obviously new american kids are being fired out daily and being fed on a diet of Pokemon: so guess which handheld, full of Pokemon games, they want to play?
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:06
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Chr1s wrote:
> Nintendo are kicking Sony's ass

Makes a change. It's sad but true.

Still, the Revolution's gonna wipe the floor with that George Foreman grill of a console.
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:44
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I can't understand what people are thinking going out and buying a GBA when there are now two far superior handhelds out on the market.

I'm not trying to put the GBA down, it's a marvellous little machine, but I don't see the logic in going out and buying the inferior product.

But hey, as long as Nintendo are kicking Sony's ass on the handheld market, I'm happy. :)
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:49
Regular
The last month... well it is a bit old now... so August.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.