GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/09/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
(yes I've seen Hedfix's topic, but I'm making one of my own)

[URL]http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/images/nintendoyo.jpg[/URL]

I must say that I'm very excited by this, the possibilities are incredible. Hats off to Nintendo for completely revolutionising how we are going to interact with consoles. Ahem.

Think about it, you'll be able to simply select stuff by using a lightgun-ish remote control. I can see already how that can be applied to an FPS, and it might actually make Metroid playable (I hate the strafing). It actually made me say, for the first time "Hmmm, might be worth looking in to".

No crappy fob-off like the PS3 controller, which looks very uncomfortable, or the Xbox2 one which is the current one but white. Also, put the Revolution controller on it's side and you have an NES pad! Awesome!

Nintendo, I tip my cap in your direction (whichever way Japan is. Right, I think).
Fri 16/09/05 at 18:03
Regular
It'll be good with a combined analogue stick. Move the controller to turn and the analogue stick to move forward/backward/strafe.

Ohhhh I'm glad.
Fri 16/09/05 at 13:44
Regular
Quite a change in direction, after so long without lightgun games.

Should be good for FPSage too - with the stick right under the thumb, like the good old (N64) days.

Which has also been a little light on the cube.
Fri 16/09/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hopefully there will be a button to bring up some sort of cursor, then it'll be perfect for pointing around the screen.
Fri 16/09/05 at 11:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm crap at Time Crisis though, I have the worst aim ever. Does this mean that simple things like selecting options from menus will become a a long, drawn-out affair? It's all so stressful.

Personally, I think it's a very interesting prospect. The video going around certainly opened my mind, there's some very exciting possibilities but also just as many pitfalls. I'd have to see it in action and see how accurate it is before making a 'OMG I'm getting it LOL' type decision.
Fri 16/09/05 at 10:14
"period drama"
<3 screenpointything.
More buttons please.
Fri 16/09/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
(yes I've seen Hedfix's topic, but I'm making one of my own)

[URL]http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/images/nintendoyo.jpg[/URL]

I must say that I'm very excited by this, the possibilities are incredible. Hats off to Nintendo for completely revolutionising how we are going to interact with consoles. Ahem.

Think about it, you'll be able to simply select stuff by using a lightgun-ish remote control. I can see already how that can be applied to an FPS, and it might actually make Metroid playable (I hate the strafing). It actually made me say, for the first time "Hmmm, might be worth looking in to".

No crappy fob-off like the PS3 controller, which looks very uncomfortable, or the Xbox2 one which is the current one but white. Also, put the Revolution controller on it's side and you have an NES pad! Awesome!

Nintendo, I tip my cap in your direction (whichever way Japan is. Right, I think).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.