GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can PS2s be connected to PCs and run on a PC monitor?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/01/01 at 23:50
Regular
I am probably going to buy a PC sometime this year, in preparation for the later years of my degree. I was hoping that I could connect my PS2 to the PC. This would save having a TV and Monitor around the place. A friend of mine says he has his N64 connected to his PC, so I was hoping there might be a PS2 equivalent. Does anybody know?

Also, whilst I`m asking about connectors, can I connect my speakers to my PS2 without turning DVDs green? I started using my old PSX connnector, which had a great picture and great sound, but I was shocked when I tried to watch a DVD. I am told this was because it was RGB and the DVD playback in the machine had disabled this. So, I went off to town to get a new connector. In Game they were selling a great cable that was specifically for PS2, and connected audio to PS2 to TV. I bought this, thinking that the people in Game knew what they were talking about, but evidently they didn`t, because this cable had precisely the same problem as the first. I have virtually given up now, but does anybody have any suggestions?
Fri 07/11/08 at 13:18
Regular
Original Message posted by tuscanraidr Yesterday at 8:51:08PM

Got my demand today for the maintenace fee Bloody cheek. I replied with and email telling him I would not pay untill It had been confirmed in writing that the complex was complete as per the contract(paragraph 8.1)The reply will be interesting

Hope you don't mind me moving this post as I wanted to keep it under the maintenance bill thread.

PS don't forget to let us all know if they replied.
Fri 07/11/08 at 06:45
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
lets all send an e-mail wanting our guaanteed rental looked at again ...what if the maintenance bill doesn,t get paid ,what rights if any have you reguarding them oweing the guaranteed rental and you oweing them maintenance would need to see a solicitor about that(not the orlin boy)its still a bit of when the s**t hits the fan we will see....when i was in to pay my maintenance fee it was in my contract that i was to have the floor tiled when it wasn,t done i said to them to take it out of my maintenance fee which they done to my surprise and i just signed a document got a receipt and that was me paid eventually getting my floor tiled through the insurance company which mri told me about so i came out of it ok ...all the best Marty ..napperboy
Thu 06/11/08 at 18:15
Regular
Just received my maintenance bill from Vigo for last year 480 Euro, with the added threat of up to 50% charge for late payment.

Really not sure what to do now as don't want to have to pay an extra 200+ Euros.

I have thought of replying asking for my GUARANTEED rental payment with a late payment fee of 300 euro (but somehow I don't think that will work).
Or asking them to deduct the maintenance fee from monies they owe me

Was wondering if we all sent exactly the same email then they would think twice, or maybe I am being naive, but at least they would have to answer us all with some kind of excuse.

what do the rest of you think??
Tue 09/01/01 at 00:31
Why would you want to play it on a computer monitor?

Don't bother with a new PC, buy a great big wide-screen TV, and hook up your PS2 to that. It will be well worth it!
Mon 08/01/01 at 23:54
"High polygon count"
One for each side of my personality? One for when I'm being serious and boring, the other for when I feel a little more flash? :-)

Only kidding.

What it was, was that "The Game" was playing around with his name to include some funny characters, and got it all messed up. I just thought I'd try the same with mine, and then just liked the way it looked... so I left it like that!

And that's how it will stay, forever more.

Or until I decide I don't like it any more, whichever comes first! :-)
Mon 08/01/01 at 23:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I mean too.sorry.
Mon 08/01/01 at 23:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I two thought there were two of you.
Mon 08/01/01 at 22:14
Regular
Thanks again Wookiee Monster, I`ve copied the page so that I can keep the details!
One last question though. Why does your name vary between normal lettering and weird accented letters and stuff? I don`t mind at all, only I thought for a while there might be two of you.
Mon 08/01/01 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
Just popping to the top F.A.O. SSXpro...
Mon 08/01/01 at 11:14
"High polygon count"
Just looked at the web site... the also have a PS1/PS2-specific box:

PSX/PS2 VGA BOX £49.99 P+P £3

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.