GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can PS2s be connected to PCs and run on a PC monitor?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/01/01 at 23:50
Regular
I am probably going to buy a PC sometime this year, in preparation for the later years of my degree. I was hoping that I could connect my PS2 to the PC. This would save having a TV and Monitor around the place. A friend of mine says he has his N64 connected to his PC, so I was hoping there might be a PS2 equivalent. Does anybody know?

Also, whilst I`m asking about connectors, can I connect my speakers to my PS2 without turning DVDs green? I started using my old PSX connnector, which had a great picture and great sound, but I was shocked when I tried to watch a DVD. I am told this was because it was RGB and the DVD playback in the machine had disabled this. So, I went off to town to get a new connector. In Game they were selling a great cable that was specifically for PS2, and connected audio to PS2 to TV. I bought this, thinking that the people in Game knew what they were talking about, but evidently they didn`t, because this cable had precisely the same problem as the first. I have virtually given up now, but does anybody have any suggestions?
Mon 02/02/09 at 15:38
Regular
Recieved another request for maintenance fees today but no threat of penalties? Has anyone paid yet? I think we are going to have to pay soon!
Sun 01/02/09 at 21:19
Regular
has anybody paid the maintenance fee?
We haven't paid it yet
Tue 18/11/08 at 09:30
Regular
The bill is indeed due every August. Despite my anger about the Guaranteed Rent I paid when I was over on my holiday. After all I cant turn their services off but they can turn off mine!
Sun 16/11/08 at 12:02
Regular
HI Everyone - Si & Jules here
We too have received an email for our maintenance money. We felt that this was inappropriate and asked for a Invoice to be sent together with a personal name of who was dealing with the matter. We received a second email just stating we would receive an Invoice but with no personnal name of who was dealing with it.

As far as we are concerned the maintenance fee is for next year 2009. We also feel that if we do not pay it they will add the additional fees onto it and we will land up with a much bigger bill.

We have enquired many times about the guaranteed rental which Orlin led us to believe would be paid on completion. However, Carmen then told us we would not receive this because we did not complete until after the rental payment date.We have been advised that it would cost us alot more money to try and fight it and therefore have decided we must go with the flow.

I know it seems like we are all on the loosing end but knowing what has happened in other complexes we dont think we should get on the wrong side of these people, who can so easily change locks and cut of electric supplies etc.

We do beleive that if we hang in there the development is in a prime site and we may see at least some return for our investment.
Wed 12/11/08 at 20:05
Regular
I have emailed vigo regarding fee's here is their reply if anyone is interested

Dear Vigo

I have received your request for payment of maintenance charges for this year.
I would be grateful if you could answer a few questions for me

1. can you tell me when i will receive my late completion fee (as my apartment was not completed on the agreed date)
2. can you tell me when you will be paying the agreed guaranteed rental for 2007?
3. Paragraph 8.1 on my contract states Terrace Roof gardens, are they complete?

Dear D Morgan

Because your apartment was not furnished on time by MRI and you were late with the final payment pursuant to Art.10.1.3 of the contract with which we inform MRI with official letter on 09.07.2007 to take some action the guaranteed rental could not be paid.
About the Terrace Roof gardens we do not have official permition to do it and all other things have nothing common with the maintenence fee.
Regards

Dear Sir

I was never late with any payments where do you get this information.
M R I could not furnish because contractors had not completed construction (i was there in Bulgaria at that time)
Why would you state in the contract there was to be roof terace if you did not have permission??? other things have EVERYTHING in common with the maintenence
fee

waiting now for reply
Tue 11/11/08 at 20:58
Regular
Hi guys heres the reply I got

Dear Danny Garhard
The maintenance fee has nothing common with this obligation.It should not be an excuse.
Most of the repairments that I personaly write with you are done.
Yes the complex is complete to paragraph 8.1 of contract.
Regards

I replied with

Dear Vigo Group

How can you think that the maintenance fee has nothing to do with this obligation. I put in writing 1/7/08 to yourselves concerning work required for B2 & C2. and I have heard nothing to say they are complete! You even write now and say Most are complete ? What are most? Can you please be more specific and in writing advise me what is done and what is not and if not, a date when all works will be completed. I am most concerned with the blocked drains in B2 bathroom as it floods the floor when you have a shower.
Paragraph 8.1 on my contract states Terrence Roof gardens are they complete?
Regards
Danny
Tue 11/11/08 at 20:10
Regular
Hi Fellow Panorama Beach Apartment Purchasers

We've been following your emails and threads with great interest. Our story is similar to many of you. Our apartment was completed 15th July 2007 yet we were unable to obtain a mortgage until the bank had created new mortgage products as a result of the credit crunch in America and it's knock on affect in Bulgaria (or just an excuse to put the interest rate up to 8.2% from 6.9), this delay took us to end of January 2008 when we finally completed - approximately 6 months late in paying the developer.

We enquired about the rental guarantee and Orlin Denkov advised the following on 14th Jan 2008:

"Further to your purchase in PANORAMA BEACH.and the guaranteed rental amount which has to be paid by the developer find below the latest update and the steps you can take from now on to claim this amount.

So far there is no official position of the developer stating their intentions regarding the guaranteed rental. Considering that the deadline we gave them in a letter expired in November the steps which can be taken now are the following.

Since the developer has not paid or attempted to pay the rental amount, the competent authority in Bulgaria which can force the developer to fulfill their obligation is the Bulgarian court.

In order for a court procedure to be started the following steps need to be carried out:

1. Upon your instructions, we will prepare and send you a power of attorney. This document is required by Bulgarian courts so that our Bulgarian solicitors can represent you in court.

2. You will need to sign the Power of attorney before a notary public and then apostile it or in the Bulgarian embassy.

3. A court fee of 4% of the amount asked (the rental income amount) will be charged by the Bulgarian court to start proceedings.

4. The amount of 150 Euros has to be paid by you for the state fees as well as if some documents need to be translated etc. If this amount is not spent in full, the remaining part will be refunded to you.

5. Legal fees of 1000 Euros or 1200 Euros (VAT included). This is the legal fee for the first court instance (out of three possible). In case the court rules in your favour on the first instance but the developer appeals there will be another fee to be paid. If the court does not rule in your favour we will appeal the case at no extra charge. The court practice is that approx. 300 Euros (30%) of the legal fees are paid back to you by the developer in case the final ruling is in your favour.

Please consider your position and let us know so that we can prepare the relevant documents if necessary."

We felt at the time that as we had paid the developer late we didn't qualify for the rental guarantee, indeed we were lucky to not have been asked for interest to be paid for the late payment.

We are very disappointed however that the promised rentals for the 2008 season were not there anywhere. Why didn't the developer or MRI organise the tour operators? Or did they but we simply didn't benefit from them although our apartments were used?

We have not visited out apartments and we contracted with an independent lettings and maintenance service (Multipropertyservices.com) for one of the apartments. They changed the locks in August this year. We have had bookings for only 2 nights this year.

We are not happy to pay the 2009 maintenance charges as we feel we have been let down by Vigo with regards to the rentals this year. If we can be assured of rentals for the 2009 season we'd be delighted to pay the maintenance fee.
Mon 10/11/08 at 12:56
Regular
Does anybody know for sure if the maintenance people sending the demands are still the same company that built the property. We have a feeling that they have set up separate companies for the hotel, the spa and maybe the future running of the cmplex. If that is so then we would still owe maintenance fee to the one company whilst the original Vigo developer would owe us the guaranteed rental.

Also could they switch off services to our properties if we don't pay. Wondering if it is worth this risk for what is a relatively small amount of money compared to what they owe us.

We have to be careful not to fall out with the people who control our properties. Has anybody changed their locks? You have to consider if there is a need for emergency access in case of floods etc.
Sun 09/11/08 at 19:44
Regular
I have just posted a thread about the maintanance fee in the Vigo chat section and didn't realise that there were already messages in the general chat.
I agree that we should try to stick together and compose an email, which we can all send.
I haven't replied yet as I was waiting to see what everyone thought.
Any suggestions?

Paul
Fri 07/11/08 at 13:52
Regular
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I have just received my Bill for maintenance. I think I will e-mail back and ask that the fee be deducted from my guaranteed rental. Also I would query the amount charged as being over the top for a Studio appartment

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.