GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Me wish WorldOfWarcraft and CityOfHeroes was subfree"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 12:08
Regular
"where's my tag?"
It impressed me when Anarchy Online became totally free, and I just really, really hope one day the same will happen to WoW and CoH. I've pre-ordered City Of Villains and recently bought WoW, then 3 weeks former I purchased The Matrix Online (not yet installed), and it has just dawned on me (well, I kind of knew). I wont be able to play 2 of these games. If you add the subscriptions up I would be paying around £30 every month, for 90 years. Is a multiplayer game worth £1000 in its lifetime, really?
Sun 18/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Rai wrote:

> The Matrix Online looks cool, but obviously looks can be decieving.

Thats why I bought it, thought it would be cool to hyper jump along rooftops ect. But in order to unlock hyper jump you need to level and to level you need to do quests. I wouldnt have minded if the quests were varied but more or less every quest has you running to a building (which all look the same) then go through the entrance, then go in the lift, then go to the correct floor then look about, kill people, run back to the start point and then it ends. It just got so boring. Mind you I did get it brand new for 3 quid from play...
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm not going to play a game with blatant advertising. Billboards may work in futuristic game such as Anarchy online, but in WoW that's going to a little more than distracting. How on earth is anyone meant to immerse themselves in a game such as WoW when around every corner they're presented with giant billboards advertising the latest album from and un-heard of band or some other product?

No thanks, and if Blizzard ever stoop to such a level, they can shove their game right up their ass.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
What if they were billboards? Or a small area devoted to adverts?
Sun 18/09/05 at 07:31
Regular
To be honest, if I saw blatent advertising in wow I think I'd quit.
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:40
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I still think that if they all went totally free, they could sustain themselves on advertising contracts, but no, we have to pay monthly subscriptions.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
gr13ve's got a dodgy computer, eh?

The Matrix Online looks cool, but obviously looks can be decieving. It's a shame brilliant games like WoW are subscription based, as it means a lot of people miss out on them.
Sat 17/09/05 at 19:17
Regular
"hulagadoo"
you'd be as well as using the Matrix Online as a frisbee.

I had it, lasted about 6 days before I realised it was utter crud. And then I when I tried to cancel the subscription they wanted me to phone up some high rate number. Cancelling WoW was easy, about 3 clicks of a mouse.

It is important to note that I utterly regret unninstalling WoW but my computer couldnt run it :( which is a bit dodgy considering it runs bf2... grr
Sat 17/09/05 at 13:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I believe that for Anarchy online to be free, the developers had to allow bucket loads of advertisements to be fed into the game to make up the cost, so while you may be able to play the game for free, you have suffer from being force fed advertisements round every corner.

The three month subscription I have for WoW comes about £25. That's like buying a new game every few months, except instead of it lasting just a week, WoW has lasted me almost seven months, a bargain if you ask me.

Also, Matrix Online sucks balls, so you'll not be missing anything if you opt out of playing it.
Sat 17/09/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There is no way Blizzard could survive if WoW was free, normally with games you can develop them and sell them off, that's it.

With WoW they've got customer service people (GMs), technical support people, server costs, bandwidth costs, upgrade costs. Loads of stuff to pay for, they won't be making a huge percentage of profit off of the £8 you pay.
Sat 17/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
Remember that these games take up alot of time, if i were you i'd play one till i got bored then switch to the next.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.