GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Me wish WorldOfWarcraft and CityOfHeroes was subfree"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 12:08
Regular
"where's my tag?"
It impressed me when Anarchy Online became totally free, and I just really, really hope one day the same will happen to WoW and CoH. I've pre-ordered City Of Villains and recently bought WoW, then 3 weeks former I purchased The Matrix Online (not yet installed), and it has just dawned on me (well, I kind of knew). I wont be able to play 2 of these games. If you add the subscriptions up I would be paying around £30 every month, for 90 years. Is a multiplayer game worth £1000 in its lifetime, really?
Sat 24/09/05 at 21:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Curse you evil subscription people!
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
cipro wrote:

> The three month subscription I have for WoW comes about £25.
> That's like buying a new game every few months, except instead of it
> lasting just a week, WoW has lasted me almost seven months, a bargain
> if you ask me.

I think it's worth it as well. WoW is such a good game it's well worth paying the subscription as this is by far the game I've been playing for the longest period of time.
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:51
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Marinky's cousin... is lying!

I think
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:41
Regular
"What's basketball?"
J Nash wrote:
> Haha. CS is free no matter what broadband you're on.

Really? They did say that, but I just didn't believe them :P. Thanks then.
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:00
Regular
Haha. CS is free no matter what broadband you're on.
Fri 23/09/05 at 20:57
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Apparently, my cousin doesn't have to pay for Counter Strike: Source because of the type of broadband he uses. Could this statement be true? If so, what other games allow this.
Thu 22/09/05 at 08:23
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Its really not worth it, no matter what the price, with the hassle of cancelling a subscription and in general their customer support is just appalling.

I sent them an email saying something like:

"Hi there, could you please confirm that my subscription has been cancelled?"

The reply:

"Hi Mr Grieve, we cannot pass this information on through an email please call our subscription helpline"

The helpline is one of those overly high rates, and I bloody cancelled my subscription through email. They give you reference numbers, but dont even bother looking at them. The common language of some of their staff, in particular an englishman called SANJEEV, is terrible - I got told to "please will you not sending us any emails as we have our support looked at you details"

In short DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP...
Thu 22/09/05 at 08:12
Regular
Rai wrote:
> 3 quid? Not bad.

Trust me, If I got the game for free I still wouldn't pay the monthly subscription to play this tossfest.
Wed 21/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
3 quid? Not bad.

I like the look of the disguise stuff.

Although knowing me, they've removed it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
gr13ve wrote:
> Mind you I did get it brand new for 3 quid from play...

There's a reason for that...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.