GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics cards. Are pci graphics card any good?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
Im looking for a new graphics card, unfortunatly i only have a pci slot,no agp slot. do pci graphics cards improve graphics at all?
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:46
Regular
Well its good for most stuff of course it aint a geforce 4ti... or geforce 3ti but better than the Geforce 2 mx 400 IMO even with less memory my GTS seems to able to handle some games better.
I'm no PC guru just my knowledge of this i dont care if the FX is coming out either... if i wanted i'd get a ti4400 or 4600.
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:40
Regular
you talking about ftozzi? cos i already have a gts ive owned a mx but i busted it ... lol the gts is still very good value for money if u can find it... dont think its in pci form though only the mx and geforce 4 mx.... which probably does as good as the gts in AGP form.
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:39
Sorry but the 9500 wouldnt be suitable either for a PCI slot :(
Wed 22/01/03 at 00:38
Ive owned a lot of graphics cards an the gf2 gts is value for money but dont get it cos you dont have an AGP slot so you cant utilise its bandwidth. An MX card is about all you would gain from unfortunatley(lower bandwdth that PCI slots require)

And I never overclock and wouldnt recommend it unless you have the know how and equipement but I would recommend the 9500 upgrade as its a true bargain.

They've basically used the same chipset but with reduced features this just unlocks those features.
Tue 21/01/03 at 22:15
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> §n][peŽ wrote:
> I would think a Geforce 2 on a AGP slot would be better than a
> geforce
> 2 on a PCI slot..
>
> Yeah, because the GF2 doesn't have adequet memory.

I had a TNT for a bit... couldnt stand it so bought a 2nd hand geforce 2 orginal cos ive seen stuff about it performing better than its mx cut down version. If i have to use a TNT again i'm gonna faint.
Thank god for my Gamecube no need to think about GFX cards :p
Tue 21/01/03 at 22:10
Regular
Ur one of those Mad overclockers and 'water cooling' people aren't u....
Tue 21/01/03 at 17:04
For a real bargain you could buy a radeon 9500 and software 'open' the extra pipelines to make it similar to a 9700 pro. It takes a bit of software and a little knowhow but its all in this link and its a fraction of the price

happy fragging

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1042058170

aparently the 9500 is now on backorder in most places because of this feature.

so get em while there hot there lovely (read the article fully first)
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Yup, Just read the tagline :)

We need more people like him anyway...'Good Newbies'

Only seem to come like Once a month.
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:25
LMAO

Im actually a cyanine dye chemist by trade but I absolutely love online gaming and as many people know if theres an interest you will learn.

Im 29 and had a games console/PC since gaming began so its more experience than training

I also play online games a lot and was a founder of a resonably good UT tribe and a Tribes 2 european number 1 clan as well as a future one although Ive now officially retired from tribes 2 im still looking for a skill tactical based game to take up (hopefully panetside)

Hope that helps
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Who are you OkeyDokey?, you keep answering these guys before i get
> time to, you also seem like you know what you are talking about.
>
> c.b.

He is you, one and a half minutes in the future

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.