GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics cards. Are pci graphics card any good?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
Im looking for a new graphics card, unfortunatly i only have a pci slot,no agp slot. do pci graphics cards improve graphics at all?
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
Im looking for a new graphics card, unfortunatly i only have a pci slot,no agp slot. do pci graphics cards improve graphics at all?
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:54
Regular
"bing bang bong"
PCI graphics cards are generally slower than AGP
Sun 19/01/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
In theory if the PCI card has a large amount of memory you'll see very little performance drop.
Mon 20/01/03 at 15:07
Regular
"relocated"
I have a special request for ftozzi: how about putting all your unanswered questions into one gargantuan post, and let people answer them one by one. Then we could pop it every now and then - and people too lazy to google could use it as a valuable resource instead of spamming up the forum.
Mon 20/01/03 at 15:51
Regular
I would think a Geforce 2 on a AGP slot would be better than a geforce 2 on a PCI slot..
Mon 20/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> I would think a Geforce 2 on a AGP slot would be better than a geforce
> 2 on a PCI slot..

Yeah, because the GF2 doesn't have adequet memory.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:02
PCI slots have less bandwidth its that simple - AGP has massive bandwidth and takes full use of it with certain graphics and game rendering(and some dvd hardware acceleration) If you have onboard graphics its bad, PCI is better but AGP 4 is best with AGP 8 still not fully utilised. You also need to consider more than the card, for instance chipset and system etc have a great impact on the cards performance. Try reading up on these things from places like toms hardware guide

here you go.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/index.html
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:14
Regular
Who are you OkeyDokey?, you keep answering these guys before i get time to, you also seem like you know what you are talking about.

c.b.
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Who are you OkeyDokey?, you keep answering these guys before i get
> time to, you also seem like you know what you are talking about.
>
> c.b.

He is you, one and a half minutes in the future
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:25
LMAO

Im actually a cyanine dye chemist by trade but I absolutely love online gaming and as many people know if theres an interest you will learn.

Im 29 and had a games console/PC since gaming began so its more experience than training

I also play online games a lot and was a founder of a resonably good UT tribe and a Tribes 2 european number 1 clan as well as a future one although Ive now officially retired from tribes 2 im still looking for a skill tactical based game to take up (hopefully panetside)

Hope that helps

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.