GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Statistic coursework"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 14:13
Regular
At the moment I am doing my second and last piec of coursework in Maths, and lo and behold it is the statistics piece.
The practise coursework was about cars and was really boring... *falls asleep* wah.. oh sorry I wasn't meant to fall asleep like that but the effects have still not washed off.

Now the real one is about school children from a fictional school, but usually the information is from a real school, and I have some idea where it was since they have trams in their city (Birmingham?).

After doing my first hypothesis following a guideline of questions to answer I realised it's not that hard after all, I still have to complete 2 more hypothesis' for friday but i am halfway through number 2 right now, and I have have 3 lessons of Maths during the week.

I suppose mst of you have done the statistics one already since you did in year 10, but I did the Sequences/Algebra one last year and was very enthusiastic about doing it, I hope I got an A for it, bt i won' find out since the teacher is deliberatly hiding the marks from us.
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
I just missed the re-submission date for my module 2 coursework today! I've had 2 A* (exams) and a B (coursework), the stupod B is dragging my grade down towards an A, dagnab it! Last minute revision pays off way better than any other types.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:41
"The Will of D."
I don't really think i'll try to do Maths at Uni, I'll probably try to do a computing course and get a degree in it.

I suppose there are jobs in this day and age that require more than just amateur computer skills. Nearly every job needs you to know how to do some basic computer skills.
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:22
Regular
I got an A (74%) for my Statistics coursework at UNI. Quite surprising becasue i only spent a couple of hours doing it the night before it was due in! I was expecting a C grade tops! Ended up with the top grade! must have been a mix up somewhere i reckon!
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:06
"The Will of D."
I know that my first piece of coursework is worth a B on it's own if I didn't hand in my stats one.
Quite good for me.
Mon 20/01/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
I did my first piece of maths of coursework 3 weeks ago ( the fencing problem) and got 22/24
damn i was annoyed one more mark and i would have gotten an A*
Mon 20/01/03 at 19:39
Regular
> A-Level maths is largely calculus. IT's not too bad but with further
> maths you have to do advanced calculus ie ODEs, PDEs and Fourier
> series which is truely terrifying stuff....

Sounds great! I'm taking Maths, Furthur Maths, Physics, and Electronics or History (depending mainly on mock exam results)

As it happens, we got the chance to do Statistics GCSE Courswork twice - once both for the Maths and Stats GCSEs, and then we could redo it if we wanted to for the Maths.

First time: Spent about 3000 hours on the stupid thing, got 6,7,8
Second time: Spent about 2 hours on it, mostly the night and bus journey before it was due in, got full marks

Remind me not to do any work in the future.
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:14
"The Will of D."
Well I'm going to do Psychology, Maths, ICT, and Computing.
Mon 20/01/03 at 00:48
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> For A level? Maybe, but it proably doesn't matter if you are
> guarneteed an A in GCSE. But what most of it is in A level is Algebra,
> which is my speciality.

A-Level maths is largely calculus. IT's not too bad but with further maths you have to do advanced calculus ie ODEs, PDEs and Fourier series which is truely terrifying stuff....
Sun 19/01/03 at 22:11
"The Will of D."
Lombardo wrote:
> I'm on an A* average, so I think I'll take maths then. Do you know
> anything about taking Physics and Geography as well?

Physics you need to get a double B in science Biology and Chemistry + Physics. Geography you need to get a B also, i don't know the exact things you will have to do in them but I'm sure you've got plenty of time t change your mind. Proably by then they would have changed it a bit somehow.
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
I'm on an A* average, so I think I'll take maths then. Do you know anything about taking Physics and Geography as well?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.