GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War is Definite"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 15:51
Regular
Bush doesnt need a reason for war, you cant but wonder whether Hans Blix is paid by Bush to find something about Iraq that he could start his war over. And anyway, Bush could always find some little thing that he could exploit as a reason for war.
Today, it appears that Blix have found that Saddam Hussein has broken some UN law, and now Bush has a good reson for attacking.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/ [SPACE] meast/01/16/sproject.irq.wrap/
(delete space)

It is enevitable that the US will attack eventually, just look at the troop movements around the area, and that we will too, for worse in my opinion. America doesn't need our help and we are just making ourselves targets for terrorists by helping the US.
Thu 16/01/03 at 15:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Bush doesnt need a reason for war, you cant but wonder whether Hans Blix is paid by Bush to find something about Iraq that he could start his war over. And anyway, Bush could always find some little thing that he could exploit as a reason for war.
Today, it appears that Blix have found that Saddam Hussein has broken some UN law, and now Bush has a good reson for attacking.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/ [SPACE] meast/01/16/sproject.irq.wrap/
(delete space)

It is enevitable that the US will attack eventually, just look at the troop movements around the area, and that we will too, for worse in my opinion. America doesn't need our help and we are just making ourselves targets for terrorists by helping the US.
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I have to agree, Iraq hasn't actually done anything illegal yet, and when we go to war we are making ourselves targets for terrorists because Blair doesn't want to say NO to his Bushy-Whushy. Not only thant the Fire crisis hasn't even been sorted yet - what makes Blair think we're ready for war?
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Actually why don't we, the people, vote as to if we go to war or not? We vote the government into to serve us (not kill us) so give us the vote on if we should go to war!

GMTV did a vote on this subject and 80% of people said we shouldn't go to war!!
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> Actually why don't we, the people, vote as to if we go to war or not?

Erm, I think we already did when we elected a Labour Government on the understanding that they'd be responsible for making these kinds of decisions for us.

Next time vote Green Party.
Assuming there'll be a next time :)

I found CNNs coverage of this whole episode quite one sided. Iraq have appeared to be very helpful in complying with UN demands. For a start, when asked to explain their nuclear, biological and chemical weapons programmes, Iraq sent them a 6000 page report on the 7th December.

Reading at one page a minute for 8 hours a day it would only take about 2 weeks to wade through all of that. Not to mention translating it from the original Arabic.

Reckon anyone actually bothered to read it all, though?

The one thing I don't quite understand is the show of force, over 200,000 men and women have now been deployed in the Gulf arena. If Saddam Hussein is such a bad guy, why not just drop a bomb on him instead?

*Dials 0800-SADDAM*
"Hello?"
"Hi, is that Saddam?"
"Yes."
*Turns to USAF General*
"Yes, he's at home"
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I found CNNs coverage of this whole episode quite one sided. Iraq
> have appeared to be very helpful in complying with UN demands. For a
> start, when asked to explain their nuclear, biological and chemical
> weapons programmes, Iraq sent them a 6000 page report on the 7th
> December.

Which would be why, live from Belgium this afternoon, Hans Blix has stated that Iraq MUST be more helpful and proactive towards the inspectors, and why, already, the UN team has found ilegally smuggled components that may have possible WMD uses, that were not declared in that document, and also why UN inspectors visited two scientists homes and removed material and documents - two places not in the Iraqi list....

> Reading at one page a minute for 8 hours a day it would only take
> about 2 weeks to wade through all of that. Not to mention translating
> it from the original Arabic.

The document was translated for them - several copies of it were on CD ROM and it was done that way for the UN. When you consider that the search engine google can translate foreign web pages reasonably accurate, licensed high end software can certainly do Arabic.

> The one thing I don't quite understand is the show of force, over
> 200,000 men and women have now been deployed in the Gulf arena. If
> Saddam Hussein is such a bad guy, why not just drop a bomb on him
> instead?

Because his personal residences have shelters for him. Sure, we could do that, but you would need a ground penetratiing nuke to do so, which would take him and much of the population center he has located in, with him. Plus Saddam is constantly on the move, and neer stays in one place more than one day or night.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 16/01/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
The most annoying thing about this whole "War on Terrorism" ( i.e. War on people who Bush doesn't like or have oil) is that the reasons for attacking are not valid. The UN inspectors did not find any weapons of mass destruction, yet the US still wants to start a war. Does anyone monitor the US' weapons of mass destruction? Even if Iraq does have nuclear weapons, they're not using or threatening to use them. Most MEDCs have nuclear arms anyhow. This war is pointless and unrequired, it seems that Bush just wants to impress the voters for another term and place a leader who will obey the US, in Iraq. There have been no confirmations that Osama Bin Laden has been brought to justice, yet Afghan, American and English troops have died needlessly. Saddam Hussein has been co-operative, yet both Tony Blair and George Bush are still accusing him of doing wrong, without being sure.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
dunno if you've all seen this, but the inspectors have now found some empty war heads.
doesn't look good, the guy on telly said "this is what Blair has been waiting for". oh dear...
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:18
yo-yo dudes, it seems to me that you are all pacifists and are waiting to be killed. i am prepared to die for my country fighting that force of evil, and if i do so then i know it will be for the right cause. you are all thinking politics, instead of thinking of real things such as when is saddam going to launch a womd at us. think about it man.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
i served in vietnam wrote:
> when is saddam going to launch a womd at us.

a womd?
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:24
Regular
"relocated"
Tphi, The wrote:
> dunno if you've all seen this, but the inspectors have now found some
> empty war heads.
> doesn't look good, the guy on telly said "this is what Blair has
> been waiting for". oh dear...

My guess is that on the 10 o'clock news they'll say that Saddam emptied the warheads into a North London flat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.