GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox = dreamcast 2?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 15:04
Regular
Does anyone else think this exept for the specs theres a lot of simelaritys.
Controller: They are both the same kinds of controller,same buttons memory cards fit in them both pretty big there just differnt colours and a slightly differnt shape.
Games:A lot of the dreamcast games have sequels on the xbox.
jsr+jsrf,msr+pgr,shenmue1&2+shenmue 2,sega gt+sega gt 2002.
Online:Dreamcast was the first online console for gaming (and internet) Xbox carrys this on with xbox live.
Price drops:Dreamcast started with price drops and bundles xbox is doing the same.
Flops:Dreamcast "flopped" even though it was a great console (probably my best)Xbox looked as if it was going to do the same(now the sale figures have picked up though)
So what do you think maybe microsoft got there inspiration from the dc but if they did they incorporated the bad points aswell.
But the Xbox will live on with me even if it does die out like the dc.
Tue 28/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
Too true Tequila Sunset.
Tue 28/01/03 at 17:05
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Dreamcast was the first to actually have a online gaming community of more than five though...
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:51
"For the horde!!!!"
Tphi wrote:
> moosedeer wrote:
> Online:Dreamcast was the first online console for gaming (and
> internet) Xbox carrys this on with xbox live.
>
> the SNES was the first console to allow people to play online.

is this true?
Sun 26/01/03 at 15:30
Regular
Too true Tphi.
Sun 26/01/03 at 12:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
moosedeer wrote:
> Online:Dreamcast was the first online console for gaming (and
> internet) Xbox carrys this on with xbox live.

the SNES was the first console to allow people to play online.
Sun 26/01/03 at 00:08
Regular
Who cares?.....

Its good isnt it? (yes)

So why are you complaining???
Sun 19/01/03 at 19:15
"Lemon eyewash"
to me the x box is the console sega woulda made if they were still making consoles.

and i aint bothered really as long as the x box still gets great Sega games then i'm happy.
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
So far the games are of Dreamcast quality in terms of excellence and as many have said it does have similarities. The Dreamcast (without sounding like a fanboy) is a better console than the PS2 and ironicly that is the reason why it is no longer on the market battling for sales. I wouldn't say sadly because with Sega concentrating on games and with me owning both a GameCube and Xbox it means that I can pick up all the best Sega games without bothering too much about Sega not releasing another console.

Why did you attack him for this post? I think he is perfectly justified in what he is saying, yes they are different but so far the game styles aren't too disimilar and with Microsoft's backing it looks like the console won't go under which means many more excellent titles this year. As a fan of Sega I would say that Skies of Arcadia is my most anticpated Sega title of this year but it is closely followed by Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue2 2X!
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:00
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
> In the meantime, Some of the features of the Xbox do remind me of the
> DC, but not all.

--I do agree with that to some extent. Even though its obvious that XBox is not really like a Dreamcast, no one can deny that it does have SOME similarities.. In a way I treat it like a Dreamcast 2, because most of the games I own for xbox are Sega games. I bought an XBox because in my view the best sega games were going to it, as well as the few classic 'killer apps' ie. Halo, Splinter Cell, Dead Or Alive 3, Panzer Dragoon etc. However, as I have said before, if Dreamcast was still going, I doubt I would have ever bought an XBox.
Fri 17/01/03 at 18:28
Regular
er-no wrote:
> As long as everyone hates the PS2 I don't care what you own.

I despise it

> I admire people like gamezfreak who also want to own the GameCube.

Oooo. I'm admired :-)

In the meantime, Some of the features of the Xbox do remind me of the DC, but not all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.