GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Long shot, but I'll ask anyway"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
HUGE CSS problem, one to make you think...

Have a look at http://www.tyla.org.uk/test.htm

Simple CSS DIV layout, not a table in sight... Full compliant, only works in IE5.5/6, NN6.22/7/7.01 and Moz (pure genius:-))

Now there's one small problem with DIV's, the content tends to flow outside of the defined bounding box. This is overcome by using:

overflow:no;
scroll-y:yes

Which produces a similar thing to an iFrame... here's my problem. It only works in IE and I need a NN6/7 fix. I don't was to use an iFrame as they're bulky, horrid to format and badly supported.

The area I need to scroll in both IE/NN is the #content (currently contains the sample content text)

My last resort will be to use an @import css declaration to load a "simple" css style for NN?

Any ideas?
Fri 17/01/03 at 21:28
Regular
""
high-fives all round!! nice one, looking good.
Fri 17/01/03 at 20:46
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
http://www.tyla.org.uk/test.php

Chuffed... try busting that.

Works perfectly in IE5.5/6 NN6/7 Moz 1.0+

Does exactly as it's supposed to in NN2-4.xx and IE4

Small problem in Opera (Deosn't support overflow:auto), but hey, who cares...

Not a single table in sight.

Fully CSS compliant (not including the scroll styling for IE)...

Tiny amount of code... Perfectly centred horizontally as well as vertically (try doing that legally with a table)...

I am feeling just a tad chuffed!
Thu 16/01/03 at 12:54
Regular
"relocated"
I have nothing useful to add to the discussion, except that I like that design v much.
Thu 16/01/03 at 07:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh yeah I get it now :-)

Flash?

Get some dynamic flash driven content using a MySQL database. That would define sexy.
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:51
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Bu@@er!

"There is no currently no x/y-specific scroll attribute for browsers other than IE6"

Grrr... going tohave to usea chrachter count script instead to prevent it from over lapping! The again... less content.

Rob: The idea is that it stays contrained to 500 x 300 px
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> You wouldn't have this problem if you were using tables ;-)

Oh yes I would as the whole point is that I don't want the area to expand. I want it to scroll like an iframe. So weather using tables or not, it makes no difference.
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You wouldn't have this problem if you were using tables ;-)
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
HUGE CSS problem, one to make you think...

Have a look at http://www.tyla.org.uk/test.htm

Simple CSS DIV layout, not a table in sight... Full compliant, only works in IE5.5/6, NN6.22/7/7.01 and Moz (pure genius:-))

Now there's one small problem with DIV's, the content tends to flow outside of the defined bounding box. This is overcome by using:

overflow:no;
scroll-y:yes

Which produces a similar thing to an iFrame... here's my problem. It only works in IE and I need a NN6/7 fix. I don't was to use an iFrame as they're bulky, horrid to format and badly supported.

The area I need to scroll in both IE/NN is the #content (currently contains the sample content text)

My last resort will be to use an @import css declaration to load a "simple" css style for NN?

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.