GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Long shot, but I'll ask anyway"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
HUGE CSS problem, one to make you think...

Have a look at http://www.tyla.org.uk/test.htm

Simple CSS DIV layout, not a table in sight... Full compliant, only works in IE5.5/6, NN6.22/7/7.01 and Moz (pure genius:-))

Now there's one small problem with DIV's, the content tends to flow outside of the defined bounding box. This is overcome by using:

overflow:no;
scroll-y:yes

Which produces a similar thing to an iFrame... here's my problem. It only works in IE and I need a NN6/7 fix. I don't was to use an iFrame as they're bulky, horrid to format and badly supported.

The area I need to scroll in both IE/NN is the #content (currently contains the sample content text)

My last resort will be to use an @import css declaration to load a "simple" css style for NN?

Any ideas?
Sun 19/01/03 at 22:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Nice, very nice indeed :).
>
> Is this going to be a proper Web Site, or is it just something you
> wanted to play about with?

It will be a final site by the time I have finished with it. Just sorting out some minor PHP problems and the final architeccture and it should be up in the next couple of weeks.
Sun 19/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> what does the 'filter:' declaration do?
>
> Lovely looking site though, Tyla, really really nice.

Filter is a CSS control for things like Opacity of images/layers, transitional effects and the such. Curently only a fewof them work, and even then in IE.
Sat 18/01/03 at 21:23
Regular
"How Handy."
Miserableman wrote:
> It's almost a novelty seeing a decent looking website on this forum,
> this one is ace!

Only coz i haven't built mine yet, it'll pwn when i get some inspiration :/
Sat 18/01/03 at 20:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
what does the 'filter:' declaration do?

Lovely looking site though, Tyla, really really nice.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:32
Regular
""
theyll be control characters. in this case more than likely theyre carriage returns (ascii code 13).

try cutting and pasting the code into another editor as different editors handle and display them differently
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:22
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Nice, very nice indeed :).

Is this going to be a proper Web Site, or is it just something you wanted to play about with?

Looks good though, ut one question (being nosy like I am). When I went to look at the CCS file to see how you managed your effects, it was all bunched up on about 3 line, with a black box afte every ';' you had. Is the file supposed to be like this?
Sat 18/01/03 at 08:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'll be the dissenting voice, don't like it, sorry. :)
Sat 18/01/03 at 02:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It's almost a novelty seeing a decent looking website on this forum, this one is ace!
Sat 18/01/03 at 00:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Impressive. I told you it worked in Moz.

I'd only say decrease the shadow offset on tyla.org.uk by a few pix, otherwise, stunning!
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:03
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
ajg wrote:
> high-fives all round!! nice one, looking good.

Cheers ajg... I now await a witty comment from Rob

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.