GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucas and the Third Trilogy Rumour"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 17:35
Regular
While browsing some internet sites, I came across an interview with George Lucas.

The basic premise is that Lucas told Peter Jackson that he's making 9, 2 Hour Long Star Wars films

Whether this is true or not, it remains to be seen...

'Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series.

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas'

Full Interview at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75540,00.html

:D
Wed 15/01/03 at 17:35
Regular
While browsing some internet sites, I came across an interview with George Lucas.

The basic premise is that Lucas told Peter Jackson that he's making 9, 2 Hour Long Star Wars films

Whether this is true or not, it remains to be seen...

'Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series.

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas'

Full Interview at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75540,00.html

:D
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:28
"The Will of D."
I still don't get it.

Hey! I see you got your name back!
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
Yup :D

It had to have Tm though, otherwise it wouldn't work
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is this 3 after the original trilogy?

As long as they are actualy good....
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:31
Regular
This was always Lucas's plan. 9 films in all, the next 3 were planned to be after the Return of the Jedi. However when he had the gap after return of the Jedi, he said he was only going to do the 6. Good news if he does do the next 3.
Thu 16/01/03 at 10:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think he's said he's finishing after Episode III, he said he doesn't want to still be making Star Wars movies when he's in his 70s. Fair point.
Thu 16/01/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars only includes the original 3 movies.

I dont know what The Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones and CGI Yawn:Episode 3 are, but they ain't Star Wars.
More like Space Precinct.

If it doesn't have Solo & Chewie, it's not Star Wars. I'm a Star Wars kid, but these latest 2 have left me wishing Lucas stuck to producing intead of writing/directing.
Thu 16/01/03 at 12:33
Regular
Another 3?

Oh please god no.
Thu 16/01/03 at 12:40
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Some people had the audacity to compare Empire with Clones. They should be castrated and then forced to watch the pilot episode of Buck Rodgers 50 times back to back. That'll teach 'em.
Thu 16/01/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Shadow wrote:
> This was always Lucas's plan. 9 films in all, the next 3 were planned
> to be after the Return of the Jedi.

He claims when he made A New Hope it was always the fourth film in a nine part series. That explains why the "A New Hope" and "Episode IV" parts were only added long after the film had finished in cinemas?

Truth is he'll spin it out as long as its profitable. Numerous internet fanboys want Jackson to take over the reins, some even for the next one. I wouldn't be suprised if the stories come from lazy journalists spying this. Me, I couldn't care less.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.