GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucas and the Third Trilogy Rumour"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 17:35
Regular
While browsing some internet sites, I came across an interview with George Lucas.

The basic premise is that Lucas told Peter Jackson that he's making 9, 2 Hour Long Star Wars films

Whether this is true or not, it remains to be seen...

'Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series.

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas'

Full Interview at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75540,00.html

:D
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:39
Yes the original movie script was broken up because of the bulk and he never expected to make the sequel let alone prequels but aparently 9 was the best guess for th complete content although things have been adapted from original plan id guess he may make maore considering the money it generates or at least someone else will. Also the original script was based on a well known human mythic story formulars that has been past down through ages. Just goes to show the human inner side. He adapted these srories to a sci fi backdrop and presto.

You can still get hold of lucas' early tape interviews in places where he talks in depth about the 'star wars' project
Sun 19/01/03 at 13:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
GnomeKiller wrote:
> That doesn't really work though, as Lucas himself didin't write the
> books.

he approves them all. and things that were changed? erm... Sshhhhh.
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Link to the Future"
That doesn't really work though, as Lucas himself didin't write the books.

For instance a lot of things that were written had been changed for Episode I. Like Anakin Skywalker making C-3PO.
Sun 19/01/03 at 01:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
GnomeKiller wrote:
> Yeah. Shame that. I would have liked to see what happened after ROTJ.
> Anyone got any ideas on what could have happened?

read the exstensive range of over 100 books set after 4ABY.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Yeah. Shame that. I would have liked to see what happened after ROTJ. Anyone got any ideas on what could have happened?
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
GnomeKiller wrote:
> It was when the special edition Star Wars movies were released in '97
> I read that Lucas had always intended to do 9 movies.

George Lucas has since stated he will never do the sequels as he wants to do other stuff.
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Link to the Future"
It was when the special edition Star Wars movies were released in '97 I read that Lucas had always intended to do 9 movies.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:04
"possibly impossible"
Jackson could always go back and do The Hobbit and other Tolkien stuff as well. As for the Star Wars films, I thought it was always a given, even when ROTJ was being rolled out, that Lucas would do the other 6 films. He's talked about it since the original trilogy.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Tphi, The wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> If it doesn't have Solo & Chewie, it's not Star Wars.
>
> but the next three (episodes 7-9) would have. thats if Lucas allows
> them to be made. i think he won't hand over the reigns to peter
> jackson, as it is his universe he has created, and he would want a
> lot
> of involvement if these new episodes were made.
>
> But how would they be able to have Han Solo, the actor is basically in
> his 60s, he's only just been able to do another Indiana jones movie,
> is he going to be in a zimmer frame for the 9th Starwars film?

the new novies will have to take place after the New Jedi Order series of books, as the character's lives have been mapped out up until that point. movies of the new order series would be great...
but anyway, Han is getting on to 60ish at that time, so he'd fit the part, and any tough work could be done by stunt men, doubles, or even CGI.
however, if the new movies DID take place after the new jedi order, they'd be no Chewie, as he dies.
:'(
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:27
"The Will of D."
Tphi, The wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> If it doesn't have Solo & Chewie, it's not Star Wars.
>
> but the next three (episodes 7-9) would have. thats if Lucas allows
> them to be made. i think he won't hand over the reigns to peter
> jackson, as it is his universe he has created, and he would want a lot
> of involvement if these new episodes were made.

But how would they be able to have Han Solo, the actor is basically in his 60s, he's only just been able to do another Indiana jones movie, is he going to be in a zimmer frame for the 9th Starwars film?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.