GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Joining the Live Brigade"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/09/05 at 08:10
Regular
After what seems like ages, we've finally got Broadband on order, so will be on Live in about 2 weeks I guess.

Had a real quick look for a Start Kit online last night, cheapest I could find was 29.99, surely they must be cheaper than that? I did see an offer of the kit with Forza for 59.99, but not sure about that one.

Anyway, I have got these Live games:

Halo 2
PGR2
Juiced
Pro Evo 4
Outrun
Topspin

I think that's it at the mo, unless you lot can suggest some others worth getting?

Gamertag etc to follow.
Thu 29/09/05 at 22:48
Regular
Right, I'm set about and about to go online. I've grabbed Bonus' and Savatt's gamertags from this thread, so I'll add you straight away - hope that's ok :-)

My gamertag is: Wrinkly Ginger
Feel free to add me.

Live games I have are:

Halo 2
PGR2
Juiced
Forza
Outrun 2
Top Spin
Pro Evo

See you online
Wed 28/09/05 at 15:39
Regular
Tiscali in the end. Unlimited 1Meg for 14.99 a month. I use there modem etc, but it saves me the upfront cost of getting one myself.
Wed 28/09/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Shamon!"
What Internet Provider did you opt for in the end, YH?
Wed 28/09/05 at 15:01
Regular
Well, the modem etc arrived today, so hopefully this evening I'll be able to get it all set up and working.

Gamertag to follow tonight (hopefully)....
Tue 27/09/05 at 17:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I've deleted most of mine off the list because most of them I bump into once and never see again. The ones I keep are the people I know such as friends/family offline and the guys on here. That way at least I'm not playing with people off my friends list and thinking "um, and you are ?" ;-)
Tue 27/09/05 at 16:45
Regular
Ah well, I'll have to make sure I don't get any nobs on my friends list then.
Tue 27/09/05 at 16:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Unfortunatly not. The best you can do is a private game with friends and no stats involved. Apparetly the 360 will offer that option though.
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:54
Regular
Hmmmm, thanks for putting me off well and truely...

With all this optimatch stuff can't you select to play without any yanks?
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
The game's dull and people online aren't much better.

If you think you can stomach having little American kids shouting "I oWNed U BritiSH FAGZ" everytime they kill you, you might be able to get soem enjoyment out of it.

Burnout 4's my favourite game online at the moment. Everyone's friendly on there, haven't come across any screamy kiddies or people who take the game too seriously, yet.

Farcry's out on Friday as well, that looks excellent.
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:36
Regular
Is Halo 2 really that bad then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.