GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What in the name of Jumpin' Jason Donovan?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Mon 26/09/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Logged into CS this morning for a quick blast on the Uni of Teeside Office 40-player, ran the update fine, but when I get to the game I can only get 10fps, and everything has an orange tint to it. I heard that the latest upate mucked up some custom skins, but this is just plain old office, not mods or anything. I normally get 60/70fps on maps like de_dust, and about 40/50 on the Teeside one.

The only changes I've made to my PC lately are BF2, and Serious Sam 2 (the latter changed my directx9b to directx9c, I think?). BF2 runs ok, the demo ran ok too, but SS was just about playable, even on the lowest possible settings which was quite surprising as it didn't seem that graphically demanding - has it bodged my machine up somehow?
Mon 26/09/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah well, BF2 still works. Up yours, Steam!
Mon 26/09/05 at 12:32
Regular
"the burning sky"
monkey_man wrote:
> Hmmm. Apparently you're meant to run the game in directx8 mode, which
> you can do by right-clicking the shortcut, then adding " -dxlevel
> 80" to the path. It made mine crash though, the gaywads.

Thats what they told my mate. But whats the point in us both having fancy gfx cards (the same actually) and not getting the most out of them. Steam are just smacktards. The game ran fine before the update :|
Mon 26/09/05 at 12:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hmmm. Apparently you're meant to run the game in directx8 mode, which you can do by right-clicking the shortcut, then adding " -dxlevel 80" to the path. It made mine crash though, the gaywads.
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dunno, but I'm tempted to uninstall this piece of crap and sell it.
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Since the update 50% of time I try to connect I up with 'hl2.exe has encountered an error'. I also have a mate who since the update crashes out of the game every few minutes.

Anyone know when Lost Coast is going to be available for release?
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:14
Regular
Every time I actually try and start Steam now it crashes my computer.

I've missed Steam :' }
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nope, it's screwed. Could only get 10fps max on a 16-player map. Thanks Steam, thanks.
Mon 26/09/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I noticed that too, so I turned it off - had to disconnect from the game though, so just gonna retry. I normally have everything like that low or off, but the option was on for some reason.

EDIT: I hadn't paid that much attention to the advanced settings for a while, but the option is there for maps that allow it.
Mon 26/09/05 at 10:51
Regular
"the burning sky"
The update seems to have given a lot of people framerate issues. I used to have a constant 60fps but now varies wildy to about 30fps in places. I did notice that that Hi Dynamic Range lighting has become selected in my options, but i'm sure its not available in CS Source.
Mon 26/09/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Logged into CS this morning for a quick blast on the Uni of Teeside Office 40-player, ran the update fine, but when I get to the game I can only get 10fps, and everything has an orange tint to it. I heard that the latest upate mucked up some custom skins, but this is just plain old office, not mods or anything. I normally get 60/70fps on maps like de_dust, and about 40/50 on the Teeside one.

The only changes I've made to my PC lately are BF2, and Serious Sam 2 (the latter changed my directx9b to directx9c, I think?). BF2 runs ok, the demo ran ok too, but SS was just about playable, even on the lowest possible settings which was quite surprising as it didn't seem that graphically demanding - has it bodged my machine up somehow?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.