GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What in the name of Jumpin' Jason Donovan?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Mon 26/09/05 at 10:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Logged into CS this morning for a quick blast on the Uni of Teeside Office 40-player, ran the update fine, but when I get to the game I can only get 10fps, and everything has an orange tint to it. I heard that the latest upate mucked up some custom skins, but this is just plain old office, not mods or anything. I normally get 60/70fps on maps like de_dust, and about 40/50 on the Teeside one.

The only changes I've made to my PC lately are BF2, and Serious Sam 2 (the latter changed my directx9b to directx9c, I think?). BF2 runs ok, the demo ran ok too, but SS was just about playable, even on the lowest possible settings which was quite surprising as it didn't seem that graphically demanding - has it bodged my machine up somehow?
Tue 27/09/05 at 07:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> I know you have an Xbox and 5 quid would solve your CS problem.

CS is a slightly different game to CS:Source. Well, it's superficially not, if you get my drift, but the mechanics of the games feel different.
Mon 26/09/05 at 20:13
Regular
"8==="
Well, if you got shot whilst holding the handle of a gun and flew backwards...
Mon 26/09/05 at 20:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
*imagines how one would fly off a handle*
Mon 26/09/05 at 18:09
Regular
"8==="
Nope, much prefer the Xbox one.

I know you have an Xbox and 5 quid would solve your CS problem.

Go fly off the handle if you must.
Mon 26/09/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This is a PC forum, for PC gaming. CS on PC is superior to Xbox in every way possible. Now begone!
Mon 26/09/05 at 18:04
Regular
"8==="
Get the old CS on the Xbox for 5 quid.
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well thank God for that...
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
it's ok mine still works fine :)
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Right, so that's CS ruined. The only solution I've heard of without some fancy, unofficial, fix, is to format. Great.
Mon 26/09/05 at 14:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Great, this better not c*ck up Day of Defeat I've waited too long for it to balls up at the last minute because some stupid Steam update.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.