GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"There There"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 18:23
Regular
Is the title of a new Radiohead song I'm addicted to

It's from the live gigs they did in Spain/Portugal over the Summer

It's great

2 drums in it, I like think Ed plays the other one. Nice guitar riffs by Jonny and Thom's voice is superb... do you know how he sounded like he in a coma during some tracks in Kid A, well he obviously snapped out of that UNLESS when they record it he puts on his whinging bunnet.

Anyway it's great... the build up is superb.

I've heard one or two of the other stuff but can't remember it, I just found this one on my computer.

Apparently the new album is 'dark pop' and has been compared to the simplicity of The Bends but something new.

Ah well

*enter Radiohead used to be good posts, Thom has a stupid name and eye, Kid A blows donkies etc etc*

Weeee arree noottt sinnnnnerrss
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sure

Meat eh?
Thu 09/01/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
One man's meat is another man's poison as they say.

in fact, who said this and where did such an inane phrase come from? Was someone served some swine once and died from it?
Thu 09/01/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Pablo Honey is average

Big Ideas is my favourite, older song though, hope it gets on the album.

There There is my favourite new one
Thu 09/01/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Hmmm...I prefer Pablo Honey to any of their newer stuff. Call me a fool but as Run DMC said, "That's just the way it is."
Thu 09/01/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Big Ideas is cool - I've got a version from a couple of years back performed on a Rhodes keyboard and it became one of my favourites.

There There - Sounds like The Cure. Nice to hear guitars back in there.

Myxomatosis - Sounds like Soundgarden until Thom does a low pitched "I can't be bothered" singing. Gets syncopated and most riffy with odd keyboard sounds.

Scatterbrain - Swing beat. He's singing again like the Thom we know and used to love. Doesn't really go anywhere. Occasional picked riffs. It's alright just doesn't have much point.

Sitdown Standup - Piano intro with a click-track. Electronica. Sounds like it's from Optimistic. Baldy drummer is pitter-patter everywhere. Thom repeating "the raindrops the raindrops the raindrops". Not bad.
----

Big Ideas still my fav from there. Myxomatosis surprised me, very rock for Radiohead. Bends-era.
Thu 09/01/03 at 12:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Downloading now.
Will listen at lunchtime.

I hope it doesn't reek of student arthouse foppery and dandyism
Wed 08/01/03 at 22:24
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too much kid a bashing to take in at one time!!!How dare neone insult this album, its awesome. better than the bends thats for sure. ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

but more seriously, yea there there sounds awesome, cant wait to hear it on the new album, which i thinks coming out june according to www.greenplastic.com
Wed 08/01/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there
Wed 08/01/03 at 18:04
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I'm downloading a "live in lisbon" version off Kazaaaaaa
Wed 08/01/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*4th reply*

I got the I Might be Wrong EP for £2 today

True Love Waits is great and so is The National Anthem.

Grrrrr Radiohead irritate me so much but sometimes, as like now I slip into a trance where I think their fantastic... even Kid A :|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.