GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting question - what would your answer be?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

There can only be one passenger in your car and you can't return to the bus stop once you have left it (I don't know why, it's just part of this stupid question!). Which one would you choose to offer a ride? Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job selection process so your future could depend on how you answer this question.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.
The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

I'll post the answer a bit after a few replies.
Fri 03/01/03 at 19:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Stupid question

I would never offer a stranger a lift

" Hello stranger woman, you are person of my dreams, fancy a lift? "

How do you know the old lady is going to die... if she was on the ground coughing up blood then I'd give her a lift

Stupid question

I'd answer:

" Stupid question "
Fri 03/01/03 at 17:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Take the chicken over leaving the grain with the fox.
Leave the chicken and come back, take the grain and come back with the chicken.
Take the Fox, leave with grain, come back for chicken and now that both the grain and fox have gone, take chicken into shed and wring it's scrawny little neck.

I think.
Fri 03/01/03 at 17:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
It maybe irrelevant now, but I'd go for number three if it's who I think it would be. :D
Fri 03/01/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
And what if the world exploded at that second and everyone was vanquished?

Like I said, it was on an application for a job and there were specific assumptions behind it. Doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things does it? I was bored and I felt like picking your brains, not literally; that would be hideous.
Fri 03/01/03 at 16:22
Regular
"Selected"
or the perfect lover was actually a man in drag and was taking the other two people to an all-night gay festival in pink town on the neon pink gay bus...
Fri 03/01/03 at 16:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And what if the old woman was really a mugger in disguise and stabbed you and stole your car and the perfect partner in fact loved your old friend and they got the bus together leaving you bleeding on the floor?
Fri 03/01/03 at 16:14
Regular
"I see you"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Okay, here's the answer:
>
> He answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let
> him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait
> for the bus with the woman of my dreams."
>
> The moral of the story is that we can gain more if we are able to give
> up our stubborn thought limitations and "Think Outside of the
> Box."
>
> Nobody came up with this answer also outside the square - which is, of
> course, to run over the old lady and put her out of her misery, shag
> the perfect woman silly on the bonnet of your car and then drive off
> with your old friend to the nearest pub to get pis*ed. but that was
> just my warped thinking!

There is one fatal flaw in your first answer, What if your old mate can't drive! Now thats just totally blown the whole concept of the box answer.
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Okay, here's the answer:

He answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams."

The moral of the story is that we can gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations and "Think Outside of the Box."

Nobody came up with this answer also outside the square - which is, of course, to run over the old lady and put her out of her misery, shag the perfect woman silly on the bonnet of your car and then drive off with your old friend to the nearest pub to get pis*ed. but that was just my warped thinking!
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:55
Regular
Oh, it must be a job as a lawyer then.
Fri 03/01/03 at 15:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why would you want to pick up the person who once saved your life? I'm sure that you already thanked them enough at the time.
The perfect man or woman, surely there is always the possibility that you will find another person, and you dont even know this erson, and so there is no reason to picj them up.
So you'd save the life of the old woman, or try to anyway.
The problem with this question is that it's far too obvious what pople would want you to say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.