GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting question - what would your answer be?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

There can only be one passenger in your car and you can't return to the bus stop once you have left it (I don't know why, it's just part of this stupid question!). Which one would you choose to offer a ride? Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job selection process so your future could depend on how you answer this question.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.
The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

I'll post the answer a bit after a few replies.
Wed 08/01/03 at 13:53
Regular
"No surrender"
stop and rob the old lady, pick up your old friend who saved you, wait for your dream woman to get on the bus, follow the bus, wait for the dream lady to go into her house, break in to the house and me and my old friend could tag team the woman.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The perfect partneer.

Where else will you find them?

Screw the job.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
I pick none of them up: ifthey trust public transport on a wild night like that (or any night for tha matter) theyre all obviously insane and itwould be dangerous to pick them up
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:38
Slaveunit wrote:
> you see a cashpoint with a tenner hanging out of it. you take it and
> another appears. how long do you keep taking money for?

Until you die, therefore wasting your life and money. But dying happy. Ultimately it reflects the stupidity of humanity, in a roundabout sorta way.

On second thoughts...I'd take a hundred, maybe two hundred quid.

And what if, just as you were moving away from the machine, a twenty came out instead. Take a few twenties? And when you've finished fifties come out. Then hundreds, five hundreds, thousands etc etc. Where do you stop? Personally I'd stop as soon as it changed to fifties, because there'd obviously be someone controlling it. Best to leg it before they catch you.
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:16
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Another interesting question...
>
> you see a cashpoint with a tenner hanging out of it. you take it and
> another appears. how long do you keep taking money for?

Depends how busy the streets are. Maybe thirty seconds tops if it's crowded and I'll look suspcicious, but if it's the evening and it's empty, there's no pressing reason to stop taking it...

...except of course for the small matter of security cameras fitted in ATM's. If I was anywhere I was likely to have to go again, I wouldn't take the risk more than four or five notes. Is it a crime though? I'm not really sure. Just like playing monopoly - "Bank error in you favour. Collect as many £10 notes as you can from the bank before your next turn"
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
I'd take the woman

I don't know the old grannie, yes, If she were lying down coughing blood I'd take her.

The old friend, probably the best friend of my life, who, as I do, wants all of his friends to be happy, hence he wouldn't mind me taking the woman of my dreams.

One thing though, are you sure shes the woman of my dreams or a harlot?, I mean, she is by a bus stop....
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Another interesting question...

you see a cashpoint with a tenner hanging out of it. you take it and another appears. how long do you keep taking money for?
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Strap the granny to the roof and put the perfect woman in the boot for later.... then off to the pub!
Mon 06/01/03 at 08:41
Regular
In a massive act of defiance to your question, I'd pick them all up. Call me a rebel if you want....
Mon 06/01/03 at 00:47
Regular
"Selected"
machine1 wrote:
> In fact i'd leave the old bint because if she's dying there is no real
> need for her

good point...plus if shes got her handbag with her....

*serious thumb and index finger rubbing*

....pensions are like miniture banks y'know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.