GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't trust Hotmail!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 14:33
Regular
Happy new year everyone.

Anyway, I decided to download a screensaver via Hotmail today. As everyone who uses it knows, Hotmail scans for viruses in attachments using McAfee and up to now, I completely trusted it. But not anymore! As soon as the file was downloaded, this pop up appeared:

Virus Identified I-Worm/Yaha.K

is found in file (file location)

I only knew about this virus because of AVG - but what of the thousands of others who trust Hotmail's virus checking system? No doubt they will probably have viruses on their system.

On a releated matter, I can't find the file - the pop up windows says it's in the Temp Internet Files folder in the COntent.IE5 folder, but there was no such folder (or any, for that matter) in the Temp Internet files. Anyone have an idea where it's stored?
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:55
Heh, I haven't restarted my PC for weeks now - just put the thing into hibernation and it's sorted. I don't think I've closed my Internet Explorer windows for some time, either.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:20
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
THAT F**ing virus! I got that virus! ANYONE THAT GETS THE VIRUS! DO NOT RESTART YOUR PC< IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS CHECKER
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
:)
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
No, it's that Norton one.
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:p
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Isn't it McAfee's Anti-Virus on Hotmail? possibly the best virus scanning software ever..(if kept updated)
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
No, it's that McAfee one.
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Isn't it Norton's Anti-Virus on Hotmail? possibly the best virus scanning software ever..(if kept updated)
I don't think it's possible to stop every single virus 24/7 but you only need 1 to mess up your system.
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:43
Regular
"cachoo"
Primal wrote:
> Why do people spend their time sending these things out? Pointless...

My guess would be 'cos they've got nothing better to do with their lives... =)
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Got two yesterday both were 47k so I searched for the subject line on Google and realised it's a virus.

Why do people spend their time sending these things out? Pointless...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.