GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't trust Hotmail!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 14:33
Regular
Happy new year everyone.

Anyway, I decided to download a screensaver via Hotmail today. As everyone who uses it knows, Hotmail scans for viruses in attachments using McAfee and up to now, I completely trusted it. But not anymore! As soon as the file was downloaded, this pop up appeared:

Virus Identified I-Worm/Yaha.K

is found in file (file location)

I only knew about this virus because of AVG - but what of the thousands of others who trust Hotmail's virus checking system? No doubt they will probably have viruses on their system.

On a releated matter, I can't find the file - the pop up windows says it's in the Temp Internet Files folder in the COntent.IE5 folder, but there was no such folder (or any, for that matter) in the Temp Internet files. Anyone have an idea where it's stored?
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:33
Regular
"cachoo"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Yeah. :)

...... Ooops!
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:24
Yeah. :)
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:21
Regular
"cachoo"
Oh. Wait. Was that what you were on about? ... !
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:19
Regular
"cachoo"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Yup. THe virus is probably fowarded from other email addresses - I
> might try emailling Mr. Grimwood to see if this person's an innocent
> mug, made up or just one of the dedicaated virus spreaders.

It could be one of those things where an email gets sent(with a virus in it) from a persons' address without the actual person knowing... you know what I'm talking about? I'm not very good at explaining stuff !! :-D
The kind of thing where the virus somehow attaches itself to the email.

I'm not too sure though, don't really like the whole virus thing ! =)
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:55
icedtears wrote:
> @ DeltaJava
>
> Do you mean, the person who sends them? If so, I got mine from 'Lesley
> Sharpe'...

Yup. THe virus is probably fowarded from other email addresses - I might try emailling Mr. Grimwood to see if this person's an innocent mug, made up or just one of the dedicaated virus spreaders.
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:43
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Why not use that Spam Filter from Hotmail???

Works a treat for me :).
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:40
Regular
"cachoo"
@ DeltaJava

Do you mean, the person who sends them? If so, I got mine from 'Lesley Sharpe'...
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:30
It's not adam grimwood, is it? He's supposedly delivered most of these virus emails.
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:20
Regular
"cachoo"
God damn it!! Just checked my Hotmail, and found TWO more viruses from the same person!!
1st Subject: I am in Love
2nd Subject: Let's dance and forget pains.

Does anyone else have these same subject names??

:-(
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:38
"I hate that!!!"
Don't trust hotmail because it's run by thpse sleezbags at Microsoft

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.