GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Oh God..." Said Sniper. "Not again, please not again.""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/12/00 at 21:05
Regular
Grix lay in the grass.

Did they have ANY idea of how long an hour lasted, while you waited for the order to go over the top?

General Tony liked to refer to it as popping over, or popping till you... He couldn't remember anymore.

"ON MY MARK!" Commander Edgy shouted.

Men around Grix grabbed their guns tighter.

Then silence.

Grix looked up at Edgy, who was deep in concentration.

The PS2 rabble lay across the field, after taking over the small town of Multiplai. The order was to get it back, with whatever means necessary.

"MARRRRRKKK!" Edgy ran over the top, and men started screaming, and followed him over.

Bullets rained on the field, explosions took out five people in front of Grix...

Grix ran on, determined to fight for the just cause. He knew many of his friends were with him today, and he knew that many would be facing him one day. But he was a soldier of Nintendo, and by God's name, he was going to fight for them.

This wasn't about domination. This was about the right to play fun games.

Grix ran on. Sniper lay down in the grass in front. Grix dived to his side.

"We're going to make it! We're going to make it!!" Sniper reloaded his rifle, and took out another of the snipers, who were ruthlessly taking out more and more of Grixs friends.

Grix got back up again, and ran on.

He ducked under the barbed wire, that ran around the whole of the enemies trench. He rolled under, and dropped straight into the trench. Someone pulled out a gun in front of him... Grix got out his, and shot him in the chest. He spun around. Someone shot him in the arm...

Grix collapsed to the floor. The man walked over to Grix, and smiled through his teeth.

"Goodbye..." A shot was fired.

Edgy pulled himself over. Grix got up.

"Thanks Edgy."

The town of Multiplai lay in peace, once more, in the hands of Nintendo.

Sniper was helping to get rid of the bodies, Grix was nursing his arm.

Commander Edgy was interrogating one of the surviving PS2 fanatics. Grix wished he could be in there, watching the officers beat the crap out of the scum.

A man walked up to Grix.

"Long time no see. How's your arm?"

"Better." Said Grix. "I'm sorry, but your name escapes me."
Fri 29/12/00 at 21:05
Regular
Grix lay in the grass.

Did they have ANY idea of how long an hour lasted, while you waited for the order to go over the top?

General Tony liked to refer to it as popping over, or popping till you... He couldn't remember anymore.

"ON MY MARK!" Commander Edgy shouted.

Men around Grix grabbed their guns tighter.

Then silence.

Grix looked up at Edgy, who was deep in concentration.

The PS2 rabble lay across the field, after taking over the small town of Multiplai. The order was to get it back, with whatever means necessary.

"MARRRRRKKK!" Edgy ran over the top, and men started screaming, and followed him over.

Bullets rained on the field, explosions took out five people in front of Grix...

Grix ran on, determined to fight for the just cause. He knew many of his friends were with him today, and he knew that many would be facing him one day. But he was a soldier of Nintendo, and by God's name, he was going to fight for them.

This wasn't about domination. This was about the right to play fun games.

Grix ran on. Sniper lay down in the grass in front. Grix dived to his side.

"We're going to make it! We're going to make it!!" Sniper reloaded his rifle, and took out another of the snipers, who were ruthlessly taking out more and more of Grixs friends.

Grix got back up again, and ran on.

He ducked under the barbed wire, that ran around the whole of the enemies trench. He rolled under, and dropped straight into the trench. Someone pulled out a gun in front of him... Grix got out his, and shot him in the chest. He spun around. Someone shot him in the arm...

Grix collapsed to the floor. The man walked over to Grix, and smiled through his teeth.

"Goodbye..." A shot was fired.

Edgy pulled himself over. Grix got up.

"Thanks Edgy."

The town of Multiplai lay in peace, once more, in the hands of Nintendo.

Sniper was helping to get rid of the bodies, Grix was nursing his arm.

Commander Edgy was interrogating one of the surviving PS2 fanatics. Grix wished he could be in there, watching the officers beat the crap out of the scum.

A man walked up to Grix.

"Long time no see. How's your arm?"

"Better." Said Grix. "I'm sorry, but your name escapes me."
Fri 29/12/00 at 21:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ant was standing around with Wookie Monster, Kieran 0601, Damo and FantasyMeister.

"Okay, we lost that round. But we can come back!!" Wookie said.

"How can they say PSX and PS2 games aren't fun?? You've got the brilliant MGS, probably the best game ever, you've got FF VII and FF VIII, as well as games like GT2 and the forthcoming MGS2, The Bouncer and GT3!!" Ant said in annoyance at the Nintendo gang.

The others nodded in agreement.

"Although, Nintendo have had some great games and consoles." FM said.

"Yes, that is true also." Kieran said.

"Anyway, let's get our lot together, and kick some Nintendo a**!" Wookie said.

Ant knew in his mind that he would be fighting friends like Grix, Edgy, Sniper and others, but he was fighting for Sony. He felt that Sony deserved a place in the World of gaming, and that people should respect the PS2.

Ant went to talk to the Dreamcast gang, to try and persuade them to join them. He knew it was unlikely, as it seemed that everyone hated Sony, and Nintendo seemed to have got through to them.

Ant met with Dan3 and Tigerblade.

Ant ignored Tigerblade as he knew Tigerblade was more biased than Dan3.

"Dan3, why don't you join us?"

"You know how I feel about Sony, Ant. I don't like them."

"Yes, but do you hate them enough to kill me and other friends of yours??"

"But if I joined you, I would be fighting people like Grix and Sniper. I'd prefer to stay out of it at the moment."

"Well, Sony are a piece of-" Tigerblade was interrupted by Ant.

"Well Dan3, think about it."

Ant walked of dejectedly, knowing that the conversation would change nothing.
Fri 29/12/00 at 22:32
Dan3 contemplated what had just been said to him, and yet couldn't really see the point in joining any side, thought to himself 'Why don't I just go and play Crazy Taxi while this lot have their war'.

Ant responded to Dan3's confused look of intense anxiety, almost as though he could read his troubled mind 'you know it makes sense Dan3 - Join us, it'll only set you back an arm and a leg if you get shot, and could even as little as £299.99!'

Tony peered over the fence and gasped in amazement at what he saw, didn't have time to comment, and ran back to find Ali and use him as back up - but where was Ali in all of this?

No one noticed Tony except for the Golden Rhino, who leapt over the 16mile high wooden barrier and charged at Tony as fast as he could, but no one noticed, and so the battle continued undisturbed.

'I don't want to join you' Dan3 screamed in a painful, yet somewhat terrifying voice, 'I can't see the point - is there one?' Ant reacted without hesitation - 'of course Dan! You can stand up with us, or even, lie down and it only costs £9.99 to do it!'

Dan3 wasn't convinced 'But I just squat as it is and I don't have £9. ---- 'Arrgghhhh attack men' Grix and his army threw Pokemon style balls of Nintendo goodness at the Dreamcast and PS2 gangs --- Ant fell into a trance and started darting about the battle field and moved wherever the balls fell and started repeating the words 'Gotta Catch 'em all! - Gotta catch 'em all!'

Grix's charge had failed and Ant managed to protect the rest of the PS2 followers by holding back the fire. His constant ramblings seemed to have a negative effect on the group and everyone started crying aloud except for Dan3 etc. who all cunningly moved to a sheltered protective coving and had started an online Quake 3 tournament.

'Just look at them, fighting for what's right, well - what THEY reckon what is right'
'I know' growled the sharp, theatrical voice of TigerBlade, who wasn't visible to any of the warriors.

'I've fought my fight, and persuaded a good few people to join the cause, but I haven't the time now, amazing games beckon, and I have the console that they're on right now'

Dan3 felt a warming presence as the survivors of the PS2/Nintendo clash had gathered round to see what was going on 'See Grix - that's how good Gran Turismo 3 looks!' 'Don't be daft' Grix replied, 'that's surely a grown up, real life and officially licensed Mario Kart for the Game Cube!'

A hysterical laugh echoed in the distance as FantasyMeister rode over on his newly upgraded PC (12800bit 90000mhz processor, 0-60 in 0.2seconds, top speed of 10000mph)

The group were un-phased, and ignored the evil cackling of the rarity that was a PC owner.

'Actually this is MSR, on my Dreamcast' said Dan3, 'It's out now, and is readily available, has online functions and over 250 tracks, will last you forever and, and.'

Ali woke up in a shudder at this terrible nightmare. Just the thought of moderating a website with all these virtual battles going on sent Shivers up his spine.

'Oh well, I wonder who the pet rat will chose for the game a day prize today?' Ali wondered, and made his way to Harlow.

The beginning is now. Don't wait for the end.
Fri 29/12/00 at 22:58
Regular
Like a good fighter without a gun, Sega seemed to be the outsider of the war. They knew that they couldn't survive on their own. Games they had, yes. They could play their games. But war, unfortunatly, was the only way.

General Dan lay on the floor, in the Sega HQ. They couldn't join Sony. Not after everything they had put them through.

But Nintendo hasn’t even offered their support yet. Microsoft had their own plans as well.

If only he could get some kind of message through to Grix, to drop in a good word for...

*BOOM*

What the hell was that? Dan got to his knees.

*BOOM*

Dan got up.

"WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON PEOPLE!" Dan ran out of his room.

"Commander PB reporting for duty sir! We're under attack!"

"By whom?!" Dan rushed out into the corridor. The HQ had minimal defence, he didn't think anyone would even bother trying to attack... It must be from someone who likes to hit low.

"It's Nintendo sir!! Their logo is all over the tanks!"

"What?" Dan looked out of the window... Sure enough, they all had Nintendo logos all over them.

The wall collapsed. Hundreds of men with dodgy moustaches and torn red hats rushed into the HQ.

"Drop down men. We surrender..." Dan ordered over a radio.

How could Nintendo do this, after all those years..?
_________

General Tony gathered around his loyal soldiers.

"I'm so very pleased that we managed to get back our hold on Multiplai, now that we have it, nothing can get it back from us."

Grixs arm was feeling a lot better now.

"Our next move is to get back Originialti. It was stolen from us, like nearly everything we invest in..."

Tony sat down. Er-No rushed into the room.

"Terrible news! Sega HQ has been knocked out!"

Tony stood up. "Oh God! By who?"

"We don't know yet sir! The information is still coming in!"

Ant was in his quarters, thinking about why Sega didn't want to come on to his side... What had Sony done? Why did they hate them?

Wookiee ran into the room. "Nintendo have knocked out Sega HQ!"

Ant woke up from his thoughts. "What? Nintendo?!"

"Yeah! The swines took advantage of their lack of defence, and just knocked their way through the walls!"

I am Ant's intense rage.

"Nintendo will die for this. Sega were a good bunch, they didn't deserve to be simply knocked out."

Er-No came in with the news. "It was people disguised as us sir."

Tony had already found out. "I... am... so... disgusted..."

Grix stood up. "I hate to intrude, but if it wasn't us, who was it?"

"Well it certainly wasn't Microsoft. They were moving their armies forward, to a place called Delai."

"Then it could only be Sony! The buggers!"

Tony calmed everybody down. "Look. We can't prove anything. The loss of Sega is quite tragic. It may, or may not have been Sony. Is there any other possibility?"

"No... I expect most of Sony's soldiers don't even know it happened..." Said Grix, before returning to his seat.

"We need to expose Sony for what it is!" Shouted Sniper. "No more innocent people must die! No more people shouldn't be allowed to use other consoles! To understand what a game is!!"

"Ok Sniper. Calm down."

Sniper stood on a chair. "No longer should the people ruled by Sony be in the dark! This is our moment! Our moment to heal the gaming world!"

"Sniper."

People gathered around him. "WE shall strike forward. We WILL strike forward, to avenge some of the greatest gaming talent in the world! Long live Sega! Long Live Nintendo! Long Live GAMING!!"

Everybody around him cheered.

"Have you quite finished?" Grix said.

"...I've had my moment." Sniper got down from the chair.
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:19
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I hope nobody else is expecting to win today.

Excellent Grix
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:23
'This has gone too far now Grix' said Dan3, tied and handcuffed to a giant inflatable Pikachu 'I mean to capture me, and take over sega, just so you can order Yu Suzuki to take on Shigsy at battlechess would be enough, but oh no...YOU make me watch you play Pokemon Stadium, snap, silver, gold, red, blue, ultra violet, yellow and green? It's outrageous - i really wanna go on it!'

Grix laughed a strange laugh, and fell to the flaw as Tiger Blade stepped over the huge oversized Sonic voodoo doll that had fallen out of Grix's hand. 'Eat this'

With 5 seconds of Grix's unnatural life remaining, he had the best possible start to natural life with the soundtrack of JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOO thumping in his ears.

'This is great' said Grix

Sega were crowned champions once more.
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:24
tony wrote:
> I hope nobody else is expecting to win today.
>
> Excellent Grix

waddabout the 3 of us winning?
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:26
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I had better make it clear that I can only make such a comment because I have absolutely no say in who wins.

And that's the truth, honest.
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:30
Regular
You should have been here last time this happened Dan. Look down the topics for something called:

"The planets have aligned Gentlemen, the time has come."

I DARE you to read it from the beginning to the end.
Fri 29/12/00 at 23:48
Grix why have you not included me in this tale

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.