GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Upgrade - how long will it last?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/10/05 at 09:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
Basically i am looking at upgrade as a few of you know.

I was looking at a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ but i'm now thinking bigger, now i'm looking at AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+.

I need a CPU that is pretty much going to last for 2 years or at least a while.

Thoughts? other CPU suggestions?
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:37
If they've got it in their terms and conditions that they can refuse to sell anything priced wrongly, then they can.

that camera company probably didn't
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:38
Regular
soz munn
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
I read the article on argos, and it turns out it's because they have something in their terms and conditions that basically says 'prices on the website may not be correct, we reserver the right to refuse a sale'.

I probably could have got the mothboard but i always like to check, I mean for SR to have a CPU at a low price undercutting other companies is something very out of the blue.
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:43
team down wins
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:45
Regular
team down wins the ugly competiton, clapclapclapclap
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:45
Regular
"8==="
down wrote:
> If they've got it in their terms and conditions that they can refuse
> to sell anything priced wrongly, then they can.
>
> that camera company probably didn't

But a court can have the final say on whether to uphold terms and conditions.
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:51
Regular
"Captain to you."
Well i have decided to wait till xmas, and purchase a AMD dual 4400+ and a decent motherboard with AGP and PCI-E. probably going to cost around £430 maybe a bit less.

I'll probably get a bit for me p4 2.4 and motherboard but not much.

I was thinking of going for a smaller rig so i may look in to a mini-ATX just i'm not sure that my tank of a graphics card will fit in a small case.
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:55
J Nash wrote:
> team down wins the ugly competiton, clapclapclapclap

:(
Tue 11/10/05 at 00:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chippxero wrote:
> I'll probably get a bit for me p4 2.4 and motherboard but not much.

What-ho. Which bits of your PC are you selling, and how much? I'm looking to put together something to run BF2 and CS:S decently for now. Oh, and do work and stuff.
Tue 11/10/05 at 00:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
I'll need the bits till i get the new parts as my computer doesn't run well without a cpu and mothboard, plus i'll probably sell them to on of my family as i can get more. also i haven't a clue how much these sorts of things are worth as i normally just pass them down to my little brother, but this time they are decent still so i need to work out how much i can get for them.

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
L4s8a2 mainboard [URL]http://www.ecsusa.com/products/l4s8a2.html[/URL]

I'm going to keep my ram and upgrade that a month after the rest of it.

Monkey_man if i was you i'd go for something better than this, of course it depends how much you plan on spending on a graphics card but they are going down in price all the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.