GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parties"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/10/06 at 09:48
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Today is my 3-year-olds party. Just got me thinking of the kinds of parties I had as a kid and teen. Can’t say I have actually had many as a teen though. Think maybe when I was 16 and I think 17. Then things just seemed to concentrate on the New Year.

My 16th though I had it in this big hall type thing up near where my step dad lived. No alcohol was aloud up there though. However despite been under age too still had it. Kareoke etc.. Were quite wild and we all got out of control getting drunk and all that. Dad stayed up there for a while but then went home and let us get on with it.

Anyway police turned up, not because of anything we did. However, we all went outside to talk to the police. Well those who were not as drunk as most. Apparently, there were a gunshot heard and kids on bikes riding about disturbing people. Well it wasn’t us. Never mind that half of us could barely stand. Anyway police went and we went back in to the hall only to smell burning. I had stacked a table round the back out the way, the heater was behind it, and the entire table was burnt. UGH! What would the owner say? I just stuck it in a room with aload of others. Luckily I had the keys so I could get in a few of the rooms there;) Just incase anyone wanted to slip off for a bit of fun!

Friends were just to drunk, half of them were laid about etc… by the end of it their parents were picking them up. People were throwing up etc… Despite that a small majority of them was on a high!.. and it wasnt from the singing!

Me and my friend stayed at my dads, soon as I got in I went to bed, left her throwing up in the bathroom.

17th I was out at the pub, why is it when I’m 17 I don’t need ID and yet when I went out a few months back I needed it. Heh gees, maybe I’m looking younger as time passes. Got a lil drunk while there then headed back to a mates house as we carried on to party. Got a huge Chinese order in and just chilled out still boozing away. After the Chinese, I was just bloated so just sat there talking away with my Vodka bottle and straw. Slowly just getting more and more drunk.

What is it with parties I went to it was just, getting drunk loud music and sex! Well I’m older and wiser now… I don’t need the alcohol!

Don’t think ill have no problem today with this party though. Think it will be straightforward. Though I expect he will have wild parties when he is older.

Its other peoples parties i love going to more then anything. I didnt plan my own but usually helped out with planning someone elses. I guess i just didnt want my parents thinking i was some wild out of control kid :)

What were some of your parties like when you were younger!
Sun 01/10/06 at 09:48
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Today is my 3-year-olds party. Just got me thinking of the kinds of parties I had as a kid and teen. Can’t say I have actually had many as a teen though. Think maybe when I was 16 and I think 17. Then things just seemed to concentrate on the New Year.

My 16th though I had it in this big hall type thing up near where my step dad lived. No alcohol was aloud up there though. However despite been under age too still had it. Kareoke etc.. Were quite wild and we all got out of control getting drunk and all that. Dad stayed up there for a while but then went home and let us get on with it.

Anyway police turned up, not because of anything we did. However, we all went outside to talk to the police. Well those who were not as drunk as most. Apparently, there were a gunshot heard and kids on bikes riding about disturbing people. Well it wasn’t us. Never mind that half of us could barely stand. Anyway police went and we went back in to the hall only to smell burning. I had stacked a table round the back out the way, the heater was behind it, and the entire table was burnt. UGH! What would the owner say? I just stuck it in a room with aload of others. Luckily I had the keys so I could get in a few of the rooms there;) Just incase anyone wanted to slip off for a bit of fun!

Friends were just to drunk, half of them were laid about etc… by the end of it their parents were picking them up. People were throwing up etc… Despite that a small majority of them was on a high!.. and it wasnt from the singing!

Me and my friend stayed at my dads, soon as I got in I went to bed, left her throwing up in the bathroom.

17th I was out at the pub, why is it when I’m 17 I don’t need ID and yet when I went out a few months back I needed it. Heh gees, maybe I’m looking younger as time passes. Got a lil drunk while there then headed back to a mates house as we carried on to party. Got a huge Chinese order in and just chilled out still boozing away. After the Chinese, I was just bloated so just sat there talking away with my Vodka bottle and straw. Slowly just getting more and more drunk.

What is it with parties I went to it was just, getting drunk loud music and sex! Well I’m older and wiser now… I don’t need the alcohol!

Don’t think ill have no problem today with this party though. Think it will be straightforward. Though I expect he will have wild parties when he is older.

Its other peoples parties i love going to more then anything. I didnt plan my own but usually helped out with planning someone elses. I guess i just didnt want my parents thinking i was some wild out of control kid :)

What were some of your parties like when you were younger!
Sun 01/10/06 at 10:31
Regular
When I was a kid I used to have a birthday party every year, invited all school mates round, remember them being great, playing with toys, pass the parcel, my mum used to prepare these little 'treasure hunts' for us all to do. More toys, toys, toys!

Being so close to christmas some of the cheekier guests decided to eat all the chocolates under the tree etc, my mum wasn't happy.

As I got older the sort of parties I went to changed ... not really had a proper birthday party since I was about 10. But been to plenty of house parties ... like you say music, booze and sex ... well for everyone else anyway ...

In recent years we've been having halloween parties which have been superb ... everyone gets dressed up and we usually end up going around town like that. Just a tip .. going into town dressed as Ali G ... not a good idea ... Yet to beat my Braveheart though ...

There's pics on my myspace if you wonder what I looked like ...

Aside from that just the usual christmas parties and works do's ...
Sun 01/10/06 at 10:36
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I loved my kiddie parties, pass the parcel musical chairs etc..

been to alot of fany dress parties when i was a kid too.

Ali G lol, there was a bloke who use to go round Meggies (cleethorpes) dressed like that alot, no reason for it tho :s Sad get!
Sun 01/10/06 at 11:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
After my GCSEs I went to a fair few parties, one even involving a trampoline which was fun. Luckily the parties are still going, had one last night, I was one of the few who was sobre, hilarious to watch people totally out of it. A few people were sick which is always nice, glad it wasn't my house... spent most of my time in an armchair with the girlfriend talking to people about things they probably won't remember this morning. Alll good. :-P
Sun 01/10/06 at 11:58
Regular
Heh, trampoline ... reminds me a couple of years ago a mate of mine had a BBQ. Hired a bouncy castle for the weekend, only a small one, was great though ...

Guy came to pick it up on the sunday we were all sat round looking mightily hung over ... my mate had told the guy it was for children even though there wasn't a kid in sight ... the guy asked if the 'children' enjoyed it ... he knew full well it was just us lot ... bunch of 20 odd year olds on a bouncy castle .. he didn't say anything though, just smirked ...

Heh, all good fun.
Sun 01/10/06 at 17:26
Regular
Me and my friends in high school would crash a few messy hotel parties with drunks misbehaving, but that got old pretty fast. Most of our parties were small with just a few friends and usually occured at a beach, with a tent and small fire or barbeque grill, a guitar, a sunset, and the ocean to hurl into as needed. Good times..

I hope your boy has a smashing 3rd birthday! A pinata is always a hit with the kiddies :) I always wondered why some kids didn't open their presents after the cake thingy.. Do you open gifts with everyone there or wait until everyone's gone?
Sun 01/10/06 at 18:49
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ladybird wrote:
> I hope your boy has a smashing 3rd birthday! A pinata is always
> a hit with the kiddies :) I always wondered why some kids didn't
> open their presents after the cake thingy.. Do you open gifts
> with everyone there or wait until everyone's gone?

He had a great Birthday thankyou. Though i dont know who is more knackered, the kids of me lol. I had a Pinata, a football one, though it took forever for them to get anything from it, i didnt help them it kept them entertained for some time.

He opened some gifts when people were here, but he will have the rest tomorrow as tomorrow is his actual Birthday. :P
Sun 01/10/06 at 19:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I had birthday parties up to about the age of 10 and most were just inviting mates round to my house for the usual party.

Went to the bowling alley once though and had one of those basket meals you get there with a couple of games.
Sun 01/10/06 at 19:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I remember having sleepovers too. Had a party then all mates stayed over. I guess thats what i did at college too. Although then it was just a case of everyone was to smashed to go home. When my mum dissapeared of to spain on her hols, then id have party after party. Loved it...
Sun 01/10/06 at 19:59
"possibly impossible"
Had some good ones as a kid, but it was all a long time ago. I remember my parents organising something for my 18th with all my relatives and some friends, then me getting paraletic the day before and waking up in the bathroom not having any recolection of how I got there...

But now I get to relive all the good parties through my kids and their friends. Yey!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.