GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daddy Long-Legs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/09/06 at 15:11
Regular
What a summer, first we had black beetles everywhere. They're annoying, and god made them even more annoying by giving them wings. I must have thrown about 30 of them out the window this summer.

Then we had the grasshoppers, this one was new I spotted the first one upstairs in my mothers bedroom. What? How? How did it get there? They started appearing in other places too around the house. I'm still trying to figure out how they got in. Can they fly? :S

Then came the spiders, especially the big ones with the nasty looking fangs. Everywhere, all around the outside of the house. You cant walk around the house without walking through several of their webs. I could probably go outside into our gardens and see about 30 of them. Huge massive webs too, some several metres long it's crazy.

Now came the huge Daddy Long-Legs, everywhere, all over the place, I even found 3 stucks under a lamp :/ everytime I go for a walk I have to be careful not to step on any, there are 100s everywhere. Apparent because we had a hot summer, followed by a wet and then warm late summer it's been perfect for them.

I suppose the only good thing is for all those birds who eat them all :)
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:11
Regular
What a summer, first we had black beetles everywhere. They're annoying, and god made them even more annoying by giving them wings. I must have thrown about 30 of them out the window this summer.

Then we had the grasshoppers, this one was new I spotted the first one upstairs in my mothers bedroom. What? How? How did it get there? They started appearing in other places too around the house. I'm still trying to figure out how they got in. Can they fly? :S

Then came the spiders, especially the big ones with the nasty looking fangs. Everywhere, all around the outside of the house. You cant walk around the house without walking through several of their webs. I could probably go outside into our gardens and see about 30 of them. Huge massive webs too, some several metres long it's crazy.

Now came the huge Daddy Long-Legs, everywhere, all over the place, I even found 3 stucks under a lamp :/ everytime I go for a walk I have to be careful not to step on any, there are 100s everywhere. Apparent because we had a hot summer, followed by a wet and then warm late summer it's been perfect for them.

I suppose the only good thing is for all those birds who eat them all :)
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We have loads round here and Louise is scared of them so I seem to spend most of the time getting rid of them only for another to appear out of nowhere.

I've found loads dead stuck to light bulbs - they seem to be attracted to them and land on them before melting on the hot glass :D
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not really had a problem with anything, get about one spider every week which gets quickly smushed for having the cheek to sneak up on me but that's about it
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:17
Regular
Eww gross, yes apparently they're the second scariest insect after spiders because of their long legs heh. Kinda like spiders with wings, what a terrible thought ;)

I have enough trouble with other insects flying into my monitor and TV >_<
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nothing annoys me more than bugs flying onto the TV screen and all you can see if balck dots going from one side to the other.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:44
Regular
I should invest in one of those zapper things, the blue light thingies. But to be honest I dont want to kill the little annoyances, I just dont want them to fly around getting in my way. So I don't kill spiders, well I try not to heh.

I think I saw on the news once about this town that had a plague of flies, everywhere, they were killing 1000s on those sticky tapes. I think our of all of them I'd rather not have flies.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:45
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Wasps trying to get out via the glass in windows and getting irate annoy me the most.
Sat 30/09/06 at 16:01
Regular
Yes we had a couple, I think the Butterflies annoy me as I try my best to save them but they keep flying away from the open window :/

Me and GP talked about this before, about when it's so hot during the summer and we'd leave the window open and of course next thing you know you have 5 flying things trying to smash themselves into your monitor. So then you have to close you window and you get all hot and bothered.
Sat 30/09/06 at 18:30
Regular
Machie wrote:
> What a summer, first we had black beetles everywhere. They're
> annoying, and god made them even more annoying by giving them
> wings. I must have thrown about 30 of them out the window this
> summer.
>
> Then we had the grasshoppers, this one was new I spotted the
> first one upstairs in my mothers bedroom. What? How? How did it
> get there? They started appearing in other places too around the
> house. I'm still trying to figure out how they got in. Can they
> fly? :S
>
> Then came the spiders, especially the big ones with the nasty
> looking fangs. Everywhere, all around the outside of the house.
> You cant walk around the house without walking through several
> of their webs. I could probably go outside into our gardens and
> see about 30 of them. Huge massive webs too, some several metres
> long it's crazy.
>
> Now came the huge Daddy Long-Legs, everywhere, all over the
> place, I even found 3 stucks under a lamp :/ everytime I go for
> a walk I have to be careful not to step on any, there are 100s
> everywhere. Apparent because we had a hot summer, followed by a
> wet and then warm late summer it's been perfect for them.
>
> I suppose the only good thing is for all those birds who eat
> them all :)

This has just made me laugh. Good story :)
Sat 30/09/06 at 19:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've had tonnes of spiddlers in my house. We;;, spiddlers implies they're tiny things... These things you can see their eyes/teeth/other body parts. Scary as anything. I take pics of em when I can - that's how sad I am.

Daddy-long-legs - in my book they're flying spiders with two legs missing. They're great fun to kill with a fly-swatter though. They just fall out of the sky...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.