GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/12/00 at 17:45
Regular
Ps2 is gonna b 1 dissapointment, games are gonna be delaed, cost a bit like the n64. get a cube (not in purple cos ill cut your
co-- erm, arm off. if u wanna dvd u can get 1 4 £120 that is of a far better qulity of the ps2. game cube is good.
Thu 22/02/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I have only just heard that the PS2 is expensive to develop for! I don't mean to sound pesimistic, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that that the games are produced on DVD. But if this is the case then Gamecube games will not be any cheaper. Well, I don't suppose it has a MASSIVE effect, and the prices of the games are just as much as the companies are willing to make, or lose.

I still think the Gamecube Will do well, I don't say this flipantly, but with all the people who have Playstation 2's saying that the graphics and speed are great then, you can stick and extra 3rd of the power on that and you have the Gamcube.

The one thing that gets me is the possible loading times with the Gamcube, Nintendo have never had to deal with this and this along with quite a few other factors is why Nintendo have the vast amount of fans they do! I don't know wether they will be quite as long as Sony's but then again, people who have PS2's don't seem to be bothered with loading times, so why should Gamecube owners.

I will buy a Gamecube, and the shocking fact is, that it is not because it is Nintendo, well I suppose in a way it is because I know that the only way I will get to play more of the super games that I played on Nintendo 64, is to buy a Gamecube, Rare who have produced most of the games on my shelf are one reason to Buy a Gamecube, although the Playstation owners say that they want Sega games and NO Nintendo games is a lie, they all want to have Perfect Dark and Mario on their Playstatio 2's.

The fact is that Nintendo, despite being 'hard' and 'stubborn' do have good relationships with the people that matter, namely the devlopers, the customers and SEGA! I don't think that Nintendo see Sony as a threat which is a BIG mistake. Just because the Playstation 2 had a rocky start doesn't mean you can count them out, just like Nintendo, people thought they were finished after the dodgy N64, but hey look they are back and bigger than ever with the release of the GC and GBA on the horizon!

So I think that Gamecube will do well, I hope for everyones sake that all the consoles to well, despite the windy route Sega have taken, I hope they do well as well as al the other comapnies. Even Microsoft have my blessing in a way, I mean more consoles = more games and more games = more talks and discussions like this one and over all , all of this = MORE FUN, which is what playing on consoles is all about.

The Game
Wed 21/02/01 at 22:37
That was very funny.
By the way this topic is so old its not funny.
think of sommit new and differnt.
also somthing more subtle to say about the gamecube insted of " it rocks " is it is a godd games console.
sorry if this message was the biggest waste of time in your life.
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:37
Regular
Dwayne wrote:
> GameCube Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerly hope it doesn't rock. It will be hard trying to play Metroid with the damn console shaking and bouncing around.

I'm sure Nintendo will stablise it for the UK launch!
Wed 21/02/01 at 04:36
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Zelda
Mon 19/02/01 at 18:53
Dwayne wrote:

You got that right, it will knock the sox off PS2 and DC. If someone has a gameboy advance, they will be able to link up and can u do that with a PS2?

the N64 still has life left. look at banjo - Tooie, i mean what a great game!! apparently in Japan, the N64 and gameboy are dominating the market, i think britain is next in world domination for Nintendo what with the success of Pokemon.

Sony should stick to making radios and walkmans, seeing as thats all they're good at!

Sun 18/02/01 at 15:05
Robert de Kere wrote:
> Gamecube sounds great. But when i was reading a magazine they were
> comparing speed etc. Gamecube was far behind PS2 and now Xbox is
> coming out with it, it stands no chance at all. Who would (sane
> person) want a Gamecube when they could get a much faster and more
> reliable Xbox.

Well personally I'm insane so i'm going for
> Gamecube. Just because of the games though not the actual computer.
> Oh yeh and because it links up to Gameboy Advance.

Mainly because
> of Pokemon games. I know i'm sad and stupid and a big baby but i
> can't help. Anyway bye.

yeah you are sad!!!!
Sun 18/02/01 at 15:05
Robert de Kere wrote:
> Gamecube sounds great. But when i was reading a magazine they were
> comparing speed etc. Gamecube was far behind PS2 and now Xbox is
> coming out with it, it stands no chance at all. Who would (sane
> person) want a Gamecube when they could get a much faster and more
> reliable Xbox.

Well personally I'm insane so i'm going for
> Gamecube. Just because of the games though not the actual computer.
> Oh yeh and because it links up to Gameboy Advance.

Mainly because
> of Pokemon games. I know i'm sad and stupid and a big baby but i
> can't help. Anyway bye.

yeah you are sad!!!!111
Sat 17/02/01 at 21:34
Gamecube sounds great. But when i was reading a magazine they were comparing speed etc. Gamecube was far behind PS2 and now Xbox is coming out with it, it stands no chance at all. Who would (sane person) want a Gamecube when they could get a much faster and more reliable Xbox.

Well personally I'm insane so i'm going for Gamecube. Just because of the games though not the actual computer. Oh yeh and because it links up to Gameboy Advance.

Mainly because of Pokemon games. I know i'm sad and stupid and a big baby but i can't help. Anyway bye.
Wed 03/01/01 at 10:26
Regular
"not dead"
Dwayne wrote:

No it doesn't!

I don't know where this common misconception comes from about the GameCube!

It has a completely flat bottom, so even if the mini-DVD's spin really, really fast, I don't think that it will rock!

Hahaha! JAFSTA!
Mon 01/01/01 at 14:15
Regular
hi everybody

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.