GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 DVD playback problem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/12/00 at 16:13
Regular
Has anyone else noticed that when watching a dvd movie on the PS2 the sound gets further and further behind the picture as you watch it. Its really irritating and shouldn't be happening. I used to have the problem with my PC DVD player but got it sorted with some new software. But i would have thought that the PS2 would not have this problem. I really hope Sony sort this out.
Sat 23/12/00 at 16:13
Has anyone else noticed that when watching a dvd movie on the PS2 the sound gets further and further behind the picture as you watch it. Its really irritating and shouldn't be happening. I used to have the problem with my PC DVD player but got it sorted with some new software. But i would have thought that the PS2 would not have this problem. I really hope Sony sort this out.
Sat 23/12/00 at 16:19
also does anyone know the email for support as i wanted to complain about this to sony but have not found an email address
Sat 23/12/00 at 20:14
I know someone who has watched 20 DVDs on it. No problem here... what reigon is the DVD / PS2?
Tue 26/12/00 at 19:26
its a UK region 2, on some movies it doesn't happen, but on others, blade for example it realy gets far behind and you have to stop the movie, and start again from theat point
Wed 27/12/00 at 02:44
All mine have been fine, including a friends DVD whihc was Blade.
Wed 27/12/00 at 08:45
muduk is right.

Mine does this, I noticed on the first one I watched (lock-stock) and have since had it on 'Green Mile' as well.

(This was once I had sorted the other Sony blunder - the green screen 'problem')

I found that if I paused the film for a few seconds and then started again they get back in sync.
Fact remains, should not be happening.
As I have said elsewhere in this forum, I bought the thing to play games , and the DVD was a bonus. That said, I am planning to use the DVD (seeing as it is there) and think it's a bit cr@p that I have to change scart leads to use it (eventually weakening the plug on my ps2 and TV I suspect) without a green screen, and having to pause periodically to get the sound in sync.
Wed 27/12/00 at 10:05
Woops!

that should be 'meduk'
Sorreeee.....
Wed 27/12/00 at 12:12
well with regards to what you are saying about the green screen and swapping leads i am currently reading PS2 magazzine and thier is an article in thier about it. apparently sony have disabled the RBG dvd playback to preevnet people taping dvd's at good quality
Wed 27/12/00 at 16:33
Regular
the only way to complain is to either phone the customer care line or write to

customer service manager
sony computer entertainment uk
po box 2047
london
w1a 3dn

the customer care line will most likely direct you to the above address. i know because my ps2 doesn't work and i have had to write to them to complain after wasting an hour trying to get through to the customer care line. so far i have not been impressed with the whole experience..
Wed 27/12/00 at 18:04
If the problem persists, try this:

>Take a look at your settings on the console itself. Are they all normal?

>Is the disk old/scratched? Clean the DVD with a clean, damp cloth. Try it out on another DVD/PS2 if you have no sucsess.

>Turn everything off, and unplug everything. Now set up the console again, and make sure you plug everything in nice and securely.

If this dosen't do it, contact Sony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.