GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Des Lynam quits Countdown"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/09/06 at 11:17
Regular
He's leaving this Christmas, I think it has to do with the fact that the show is filmed in Leeds and he lives in Worthing :S Anyone good with their Geography will know they are quite far apart, 250 miles infact. I wouldnt want to make that journey every week.

So the question is will it continue with someone else now? And if so, who will it be?
Sat 25/11/06 at 11:26
Regular
:O how did you know Smedlos?

Yeah Des got the job :) didnt think anyone else would do it. Not sure why they asked Paul Merton :S
Mon 20/11/06 at 11:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Des O'Connor is the favourite. Fascinating.
Wed 04/10/06 at 15:00
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
You just want to wear a dress :P
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:20
Regular
I could do Carol's job easy, except the numbers bit, might need a calculator for that. :)
Wed 04/10/06 at 07:40
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Smedlos wrote:
> Hey I've never done it yet but hopefully I'll be considered
> after they read me CV :D

Oh well im yet to see you on there yet :P
Tue 03/10/06 at 17:14
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
hippyman wrote:
> I'd do it for £30k a year - think of what else they could
> spend the money on. I can make it funny.

And you'll be wanting to pay me large amounts of money to make things more fun, to do stuff like this!

Yes, it did hurt afterwards.
Mon 02/10/06 at 15:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I read a while back that Lynam had demanded they move the filming studio close to where he lives because of the distance he had to travel.

Which doesn't sound too bad, but when you think about it, he knew where the studio was when he signed up for the job, and I think the article also said they film something like 3-4 weeks of shows at a time (in a 1 week period or something), so he only has to travel up once every 3-4 weeks...

Sounds to me like a celebrity ego giving an ultimatum, then quitting because he couldn't get his way...
Mon 02/10/06 at 14:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Smedlos wrote:
> £600,000 a year he's on!
>
> I'll do it!

I'd do it for £30k a year - think of what else they could spend the money on. I can make it funny.
Sun 01/10/06 at 22:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Seraphim wrote:
> Heh, not something i watched to often, but it hasnt been the same
> since Richard did it.

Hey I've never done it yet but hopefully I'll be considered after they read me CV :D
Sun 01/10/06 at 10:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
More to the point... why would Des Lynam choose live somewhere that's as much of a total dump as Worthing is; forget the geography, the place is shocking!

£600,000 sounds good... shame Countdown is filmed 215 or so miles from where I live!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.