GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/12/02 at 22:52
Regular
Seen a couple of topics here by Goatboy, who seemed to rate it pretty highly, so when the film came to the uni arts centre (ie, yesterday until tomorrow) I figured I should get along there to see it.

Hmmm.

Interesting. Not entirely sure what it was getting at, i think there's an analogy between the story they discussed in class and the whole going back thing at the end (trying to avoid spoilers).

I think it's the kind of film I'll need to see again. Which suggests a bit of impending importing i think..

Not sure whether i'd say i *liked* it though. The way your legs feel a little funny when you walk out of the cinema, into the light after a couple of hours sat in the dark, my mind's still in that kind of place.

Hmmm.
Fri 13/12/02 at 22:52
Regular
Seen a couple of topics here by Goatboy, who seemed to rate it pretty highly, so when the film came to the uni arts centre (ie, yesterday until tomorrow) I figured I should get along there to see it.

Hmmm.

Interesting. Not entirely sure what it was getting at, i think there's an analogy between the story they discussed in class and the whole going back thing at the end (trying to avoid spoilers).

I think it's the kind of film I'll need to see again. Which suggests a bit of impending importing i think..

Not sure whether i'd say i *liked* it though. The way your legs feel a little funny when you walk out of the cinema, into the light after a couple of hours sat in the dark, my mind's still in that kind of place.

Hmmm.
Sat 14/12/02 at 16:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
My favourite film this year, even though I've watched it three times this week and still don't get it.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I saw it last night and thought it was great. Near the end, I actually smiled as I saw it all fitting together. 3 seconds later, I frowned again and got lost. However, after deep discussion with my dad (who has seen it twice now) I think I get MOST of it. Still bits I'm thinking about mind. I'll have to talk to my media teacher tomorrow. He must have seen it by now.

Anyway, Frank was played by Miguel from Independence Day (also Freb from Gone in 60 seconds). I didn't realise until I looked at the cast list but then I laughed.
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I thought this film was superb.

I just wish I understood it.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Buy the DVD, there's stuff on there that'll help you understand it. The director's commentary is very good, and the 20 deleted scenes all added to the story in some way. There's some pages of the book, The Philosophy of Time Travel, on there too, which explains the mechanics of time travel, and how the story fits together.

Still don't fully understand it, though.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Best Qoute:

"It's like an episode of Quantum Leap but for ponces"
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You know these words strike close.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Strangely enough, I get really defensive when people don't like films that I like. With music, I just shrug and respect other people's tastes, but I just lose it with films. I thought Donnie Darko was excellent, and no finely-crafted mirth-packed gags can take that away from me.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Pooftah

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.