GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/12/02 at 22:52
Regular
Seen a couple of topics here by Goatboy, who seemed to rate it pretty highly, so when the film came to the uni arts centre (ie, yesterday until tomorrow) I figured I should get along there to see it.

Hmmm.

Interesting. Not entirely sure what it was getting at, i think there's an analogy between the story they discussed in class and the whole going back thing at the end (trying to avoid spoilers).

I think it's the kind of film I'll need to see again. Which suggests a bit of impending importing i think..

Not sure whether i'd say i *liked* it though. The way your legs feel a little funny when you walk out of the cinema, into the light after a couple of hours sat in the dark, my mind's still in that kind of place.

Hmmm.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*pounds fist into palm*

Damn. She has won this round. But I shall return with "Actually, you do look fat and did do from the moment I bagged you" attack.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:15
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*gutsy, Brian Blessed-esque laugh*
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Actually, are you my ex?

Give me back my Flash Gordon DVD you shrieking harpy.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*chokes with rage*
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think Sexy Beast is a below average film. Tool are not a very good band. Bill Hicks doesn't make me laugh. Boobs are over-rated. Big Brother is good wholesome entertainment.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'm the same - woe betide any man who crosses my film tastes! I haven't had the pleasure of watching Donnie Darko yet but I think it's a film I'd enjoy. I think the last films I enjoyed immensely were Clerks and Being John Malkovich.
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Pooftah
Mon 16/12/02 at 15:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Strangely enough, I get really defensive when people don't like films that I like. With music, I just shrug and respect other people's tastes, but I just lose it with films. I thought Donnie Darko was excellent, and no finely-crafted mirth-packed gags can take that away from me.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You know these words strike close.
Mon 16/12/02 at 14:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.