GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just took the plunge and ordered my new High Def TV!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Well I wanted to play my 360 in all it's glory so I took the plunge and I'm now £582 pounds lighter..anyway I was going to go for the 23" version MS are using on their 360 pods but I thought for £100 more I may as well go for the 26" version, plus the smaller one had less scart sockets and no HDMI sockets. Where as this one has the lot. Can't wait to get this baby up and running on friday :D I went for the Samsung LE26R41B. Can't wait, Bullett haven't you got the 32" version of this?
Wed 19/10/05 at 09:46
Regular
"Touched!"
How anyone can put a high def picture next to a standard TV and say it isn't better is beyond me. High Definition allows for much higher resolutions than a normal telly which is why 360 games will look way better on a HDTV.
Wed 19/10/05 at 06:45
Regular
It's actually quite a lot better whn you compare side by side. The picture is incredibly clear and sharp, so movement doesn't blur slightly as it does on Standard def - this allows you to observe much more detail on what you're looking at.

Sure, some people won't be too fussed by that, but this is pretty much the Visual equivalent of getting the best sound system you can buy. Why have crystal clear true surround sound and settle for watching low-res video? This just completes the package, and (for me) it's well worth it.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:18
"Tesco value"
He, I've got my new 32" HD LCD TV all ready and waiting too, loads of connections so can't wait to see what it goes like.

It wont speed up your FPS Rib, just make it look that little better
Tue 18/10/05 at 18:49
Regular
How much of a difference was it then? If it speeds up your FPS I wont be most pleased.
Tue 18/10/05 at 18:47
Regular
"Mozzy"
When I went into the Sony Centre on the weekend they had a demonstration. I was not impressed.

If I had the money i'd probably get one...but then again, when I think of all the other things I could get with that money I probably wouldn't.
Tue 18/10/05 at 18:42
Regular
Apparently you can't even tell the difference between the 2 in screenshots. Therefore what the hell is the point if the difference isn't that much?
Tue 18/10/05 at 18:21
Regular
Sorry, couldn't help you there - I haven't wall-mounted mine and don't plan to :(
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:24
Regular
"Touched!"
Glad I went for the right choice then! Looking forward to seeing it in action :D Going to have to move my room around now though. I've been thinking of wall mounting it. Any ideas which bracket I need? I don't wanna spend loads on one though.
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:04
Regular
The difference between 41 and 51 is the design, yes. 51 has a pointy-down design at the bottom of the front, whereas the 41 is just straight, like a rectangle.

The difference between B, BD and BDX is that B doesn't have Freeview, the other two are identical (BDX is like an 'Exclusive' model from one of the high street stores or something).

Still, little features aside, you've just made an excellent investment - one of the best affordable screens out there!
Tue 18/10/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Touched!"
I was going to get one but I waited until I definately had the cash and the prices have dropped a bit. Looking forward to it. Is the 51 just a slightly different design? I've got freeview so I just went for the one without it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.