GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just took the plunge and ordered my new High Def TV!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Well I wanted to play my 360 in all it's glory so I took the plunge and I'm now £582 pounds lighter..anyway I was going to go for the 23" version MS are using on their 360 pods but I thought for £100 more I may as well go for the 26" version, plus the smaller one had less scart sockets and no HDMI sockets. Where as this one has the lot. Can't wait to get this baby up and running on friday :D I went for the Samsung LE26R41B. Can't wait, Bullett haven't you got the 32" version of this?
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Only way I'll get HDTV in the near(ish) future is if I end up moving to Florida next year. I'll have to sell most of my stuff cause it won't work there and with the exchange rate, I'll have a nice wad of cash to buy a few luxuries to start out with.

A replacement 360 will be a given, but I'd probably also grab a good HDTV too.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:21
Regular
"8==="
Indeed.
Wed 19/10/05 at 23:21
I don't need another loan, I can buy a few 30" HDTVs if I wanted to. I cnsidered it a coupla months back, and from the great mind of logic came back with a clear no. From what must be the first sane statement ever made by Mozzy -
> If I had the money i'd probably get one...but then again, when I
> think of all the other things I could get with that money I probably
> wouldn't.
Wed 19/10/05 at 19:51
"Tesco value"
£600 will get you a 30"...

Heh, call of duty 2 HD, almost counting down the days (almost)

on the same topic, anyone got any HD content? I've got stuff on my computer which I run through the TV, was looking for some 720p and 1080i sample discs but can't find them anywhere :-(

1080i looks amazing though, downloaded some stuff from apple and microsoft media player, it has to be seen to be believed
Wed 19/10/05 at 19:40
Regular
Get another loan. Please.
Wed 19/10/05 at 19:33
Right now, the prices do not justify the benefits. End of.
Wed 19/10/05 at 16:20
Regular
It was called being snooty. Now go and cry for WoW.
Wed 19/10/05 at 16:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Joe, you said HD-TV was pointless.
Wed 19/10/05 at 15:47
Regular
Problem is, I want the best.

Anyone fancy helpin a brother out with about £800?
Wed 19/10/05 at 09:52
Regular
I have to admit, if the Xbox360 wasn't going to support HD, I'd have probably waited until prices dropped and avoided becoming an early-adopter. Sky+HD will probably be stupidly expensive to start with, so I'd have nothing HD to watch/play.

But, after researching into it all, the Xbox 360 round the corner and a pretty spanky HDTV deal being handed to me, I couldn't refuse :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.