GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call Me Stupid But..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/12/02 at 23:41
Regular
I never knew the Wavebird was released.

When did this happen?!?

It's just I noticed whilst in Dixons today and I said to my Mum "You gotta get me one of these".

"But you have three controllers" she said.

"Yes, and what is that open slot for?...the Wavebird"

"It's 35 quid!" she moaned.

"But it's a 'Wavebird' Mum".

So I explained to her what it was and she is probably going to get me one for Christmas. Wicked :-D

Then I remembered that it hasn't got a rumble feature and needs batterys. So I was just wondering if anyone owned the controller and could give me some feedback on it. Is it's worth it, How good is the battery life bla bla bla.

In other news, throughout a whole big shopping centre (the biggest in Essex) not one retailer had ANY GameCube pre-owned games. They had stacks of PS2 and Xbox ones though. Is this because noone is buying them? Or maybe because they are so great they don't get traded?

I leave you to decide (and anwser my question if you own the Wavebird).

Danke.
Fri 13/12/02 at 00:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
so i'm the only one who likes it?
Fri 13/12/02 at 01:00
Regular
Tphi *<:-) wrote:
> so i'm the only one who likes it?

i like it, but only if i dont have loads in one sitting!
Fri 13/12/02 at 09:24
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's great - I got it a few months back on import. The analogue stick is slightly better - it's got more of a rubbery coating for a better grip. The WB works from a surprisingly long way - a got my mate to run outside my flat, go down the stairs and onto thge road and then I told him to unpause the game we'd loaded and it still worked! It must have been a good 25-30 metres away.
Oh, it's also excellent for those games when you're always handing the pad over to your mates.

One more thing, don't buy it from Dixons - buy it from www.DVDCraze.com
They're based in Australia but the Wavebirds are only £15!! hey're doing a special offer - a game and a Wavebird for £40. You can't argue with that, can you?
Fri 13/12/02 at 10:42
Regular
um, that site doesnt exist yet
Fri 13/12/02 at 10:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Sorry mate - it's www.dvdcrave.com
Fri 13/12/02 at 11:57
"Uzi Lover"
Wicked, the only one's I haven't got are Mario Party 4 and Eternal Darkness so I think I may go for Mario Party (though ED would get me more online points).

So these games are PAL yes?

And have you ordered from them before? How fast is delivery if so?
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:34
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ok, yes the games are PAL. Bonus!
I ordered Medal of Honour and FIFA 2003 a couple of days ago and it takes 5-10 days to arrive so i should get it sometime next week hopefully. I'll let you kno, though. Watch this space.
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:47
"Uzi Lover"
I looked on the site and it didn't tell me much about shipping costs. How much did you pay?
Fri 13/12/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Mario party 4 I hear has some rumble based gaes, how does wavebird deal with that?
Fri 13/12/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I looked on the site and it didn't tell me much about shipping costs.
> How much did you pay?

Around 10-15 Aussie dollars which isn't much really. Once you order the items it tells you all about the costs - you can even get them couriered to you via DHL...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.