GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/09/06 at 20:56
Regular
Has christmas come earlier this year or is it just me? I thought over the years stock came in shops around october, but this year it seems to have come in september, total madness in my view, because now stock is out I am likely to start buying stuff. Personally I like christmas because of the cold weather, but just think the shopping side of things gets madder every year. What are your views on christmas? Do you think its coming earlier and earlier every year?
Fri 29/09/06 at 20:56
Regular
Has christmas come earlier this year or is it just me? I thought over the years stock came in shops around october, but this year it seems to have come in september, total madness in my view, because now stock is out I am likely to start buying stuff. Personally I like christmas because of the cold weather, but just think the shopping side of things gets madder every year. What are your views on christmas? Do you think its coming earlier and earlier every year?
Fri 29/09/06 at 21:01
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I think theres some town that put their christmas decorations up now because they haven't got anywhere to store them.

At the rate it seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year, soon we'll have christmas all year round.
Which means airports will be playing their christmas music like in die hard 2 all the time scary.
Fri 29/09/06 at 21:03
Regular
I think a lot of people said this before, that they would like to celebrate Halloween and Guy Fawks night first before starting with Christmas. It's coming far too early for me. It's 1 day and yet they give us 3 months to prepare for it :/
Fri 29/09/06 at 21:04
Regular
Can't stick the cold weather really ... love snow though ... heh, strange. I find it all very stressful, but then there's always a great feeling deep inside that I only get around that time. Don't know what it is, everyone just seems to be in a better mood than normal, people will go out of their way more to help people or to share in fun.

Of course the fact that everyone (generally speaking) has time off work means that a lot more of you can get together than perhaps earlier in the year. So a lot more parties, then the works do's which are usually a disaster (ours got cancelled last year, cheap basts).

Then the day itself, I kinda wish we lived closer to our relatives because it's just usually me and the parents, seems lonely in a way ... I usually escape around tea time and head for the pub to meet up with all my mates and stay there til closing time.

Aye christmas is still magic for me ... though for different reasons to when I was a kid.
Fri 29/09/06 at 21:45
"possibly impossible"
I'm sure I remember you writing that exact same thing last year, Borat.

Oh well.

Christmas decorations nearly always start going up in September. Have done for a while. I think it's just that we forget.

As for me, Christmas the last 2 years has been spent in Spain. No TV advertising all the new gadgets and toys and catalogues etc, just family and nice food.

Mind you, no presents either for us. Christmas presents there are for the kids more than the adults. It's ok, makes us all less greedy and more family orientated.

I expect to be there again this year for the 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year.
Fri 29/09/06 at 22:53
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Christmas really does seem to be coming round quicker every year. Tonight when shopping at Asda was looking at all the Christmas stuff out. Thinking to myself I will start its soon and not leave it all till last minute. There were people filling trolleys with all Christmas stuff as if it was going out of fashion. There is me just buying things for the first of many Birthdays to come before I even think about Christmas.

I’m not to keen on the cold weather either, though I’m not really in to snow. Especially the yellow sort!

I love getting organised for Christmas its all about making sure my boys have a fantastic time. In addition, I hope that I get together at my mums, where all my nieces, nephews and sisters turn up. Usually a good day but I can’t say it happens to often. Another person I would love to be there at Christmas is my Nan. She recently turned 87 (yeah finally figured out how old she was) Anyway she always wants to stay by herself. Doesn’t like it I don’t think anymore. Just wish sometimes she would bet there, not as if she is going to be around forever. However I respect he and we don’t push her too much to join us because it’s not something she wants. Rather her just be where she wants to be. We take her gifts and food etc and we visit her individually, think she just not keen on big crowds and noise.

Love the whole Christmas thing, getting all the Christmas songs playing, decorations up. It’s all great.
Sat 30/09/06 at 09:54
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
My cousin used to ask me what my Christmas list was..... at the start of summer. I told him to shut up.

Anyway, yeah, in our shops theres a mixture of Halloween and Christmas.
Personally I love seeing the stuff in the shops, it gives me that christmas-ee feeling.:D
(Even though we never buy new decorations)
Sat 30/09/06 at 11:31
Regular
I love decorating the tree and sticking the decos up ... never want to take em down though, makes me sad :(
Sat 30/09/06 at 11:32
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I love putting the tree and decorations up. I have to have a colour scheme though, Red and Gold it is, and lights, i love lights i go crazy with them.
Sat 30/09/06 at 11:34
Regular
Lights aye :) coloured ones?

As for the colour scheme I don't have owt like that ... red, green, blue, silver, gold, green ... it all goes on ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.