GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Increasingly hacked off with the OPS2 coverdisc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/10/05 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
I've always been peeved that we have to pay extra for the OPS2 mag with its coverdisc. My reasoning being that the demos are adverts for games, and that it should be the companies providing the demos who pay to get them on the disc.

This has been added to over the last 18 months or so by the fact that demos now consistently time out and return you to the disc menu screen.

Last months demo of Fahrenheit kicked you back to the menu screen almost as soon as the intro had finished.

This month, PES5 gives you one half and kicks you out. They could at least give you a whole match.

Then I was happily playing through Brothers In Arms and got unceremoniously booted back to the menu.

These demos are quite short, and there's no way that unlimited play time would prevent you buying the full game, so what is the sudden obsession with time-limited demos?

If they're going to make us pay for the demos, at least let us play the things for a reasonable time.

It really p!sses me off.
Fri 21/10/05 at 15:47
"High polygon count"
£5.99

I stopped buying it too. Only bought the last 2 because there were demos I wanted.
Fri 21/10/05 at 15:30
Regular
I stopped buying OPS2 mag last year, mainly due to the fact that the price had gone up so much. What is it now, £6.50?
Fri 21/10/05 at 12:57
"High polygon count"
:-)
Fri 21/10/05 at 12:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think it's just a matter of being pedantic.
Fri 21/10/05 at 10:51
"High polygon count"
I think you missed the point!

I'm just saying that giving you a full game in the demo (and by full game I mean both halves of the match), it wouldn't prevent you from buying the full game on release.
Fri 21/10/05 at 03:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's less likely to, if you can play full matches. And no save features? On a demo? Allowing you to play one half? What did you do that was so valuable in that half? Just store up your wondergoals for the real game. And if you're going to buy it anyway, what's the fuss about?
Thu 20/10/05 at 22:45
"High polygon count"
Blank wrote:
> Never played a football demo before, then.

Yes. The PES4 demo was the same - doesn't make it any less annoying!

I mean, 4 teams, a 3 or 4 minute half and no save features. Would it really kill them to give you a whole match before kicking you back to the menu? It's hardly going to stop you buying the full version, is it?
Thu 20/10/05 at 22:33
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> This month, PES5 gives you one half and kicks you out. They could at
> least give you a whole match.

Never played a football demo before, then.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:24
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah Burnout Revenge demo was awesome...though I found a glitch! XD

I went through a wall and kept blowing up in the sky!
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:23
Regular
"youngest regular"
oasismark wrote:
> Stop buying the mag then.
your crazy!
that mag rocks!

but yeah,the demos arent to good.
The conflict global storm one and the god of war one were good though.
and burnout revenge was savage.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.