GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Challenge 1"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/08 at 11:33
Regular
"not dead"
Roll up, roll up, for the new, yet same as it ever was writing contest. That's right, it's still SSC, but it's had a rename all the same. ;o)

Please write me a story before;

Monday, the 10th November

Relating to the theme;

A game of chance

There is no limit on the number of entries per person, word limit of approx 2000 words, but do not feel you have to stretch out the story to get to that target, a better story with fewer words has more chance of winning than one which is too drawn out.
Fri 10/04/09 at 17:19
Regular
"RFXF-BJS2-3ACK-Q57J"
here ye here ye we wecome our new addintion
to the team and we haft to bid you a fair well but befor you go lets listen to haft say you may you should look video i would pafer you would call it a senfapine of course.
Fri 09/01/09 at 23:17
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Ah, but this was an awesome topic...
Fri 09/01/09 at 09:10
Regular
"not dead"
Everpain wrote:
> Has this/will this be judged?

Unfortunately there were no entries - I don't think there's enough interest around here these days to have a proper story competition. I remember the days when you used to get into double figures with the number of entries, and would have a handful of really classy stories to choose from. Of course, back then, all this was trees...
Tue 06/01/09 at 19:37
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Has this/will this be judged?
Fri 21/11/08 at 15:38
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I started mine but have so much on my plate at the moment I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Still hope to though!
Fri 21/11/08 at 14:46
"possibly impossible"
Crikey. So much going on I forgot too. Damn.
Thu 13/11/08 at 15:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've not checked this forum in a while. Noticed this and I'm just going to write one anyway, even if the date has passed. :)
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:58
Regular
"Notable"
I think people are suffering from Gears Of War 2 syndrome. Although thats no excuse for me, I just completely forgot.
Tue 11/11/08 at 09:23
Regular
"not dead"
This competition is over.

The winner is:

Nobody.

Wasn't that great?
Mon 27/10/08 at 19:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Getting a few ideas together now, should hopefully start writing tomorrow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.