GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"er-no / Mr. Happy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 09:56
Regular
Ok, you guys seem to be the people to talk to!

Video cameras!
I want one!

Unfortunatley, I know absolutely nowt about the things and would probably go into Dixons and buy the world's most expensive piece of poo.

So I am coming to you for help!

This camera isn't going to be used for making films (dodgy or otherwise). Just want one as like a general video camera for all occassions etc.

Basic requirements:
£800 or less (could you suggest a range of decent ones?)
Decent video quality but obviously not top of the range
Not too small (saw some JVC-D7(?) and had to hold it in 3 fingers. It was rubbish.

erm, basically, a decent camera at a decent price.

Oh, and wheres the best place to buy them? The net seems to, on average, be about £100 cheaper than the high street. Is there anywhere you recommend?

Cheers for your help here.

GH
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:38
Regular
"You've upset me"
er-no wrote:
> I have that now on my Mac as the error noise :-D I never get to hear
> it though, bless this Mac.

Hell yeah. *Strokes his lovely new flat-screen-on-a-stick iMac*

*Hears it purr*

ROCK!

:D
Tue 17/12/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Will do - just let me know when its available for download or I can send you some dosh for a DVD.

Looking forward to it.
Sat 14/12/02 at 17:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
Make sure you see my latest Gangsta :)
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Definately in a good, very impressed way.

Its a really ambitious project which sounds a lot of fun to do at the same time.

And you can'go wrong with metal spiders
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> *speechless*

Speechless good or bad.

I have been collecting sound FX now for two months for this.

:-D Not sure why but I found metal spiders running noises really cool. I have that now on my Mac as the error noise :-D I never get to hear it though, bless this Mac.
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Not your monkey"
*speechless*
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
Basically, the project I am flying into at the moment:

Team of young army troops are ported through a portal (snigger), they congratulate each other on the successful mission but then realise something has come through with them. Random portals open in random areas - this time its a gym (my college gym to be more precise). Bullets get fired at this predator like invisible human... three soliders vs one. One of the humans goes down and the portal controller drops opening up the portal again.

In a base tank, where they were meant to travel back to, one solider watches through the POV of the dying solider on a small screen (will be hard to edit but I will do it). For some strange reason he has blood all over him, sitting in the back of his tank he grows angry and picks up a rather erm.. adapted gun. He opens up a portal with the figures of the dead solider - connecting the two portals.

Jumping through he finds his comrades. One is dead, two are fighting to stay alive and he goes kinda mentally 'rraaahh'.

What is going to happen... :-D

Also, he uses his tank to send off a huge beam of light that will close all the portals when the countdown is complete. They have to escape back through the portal and kill the creature before the time is up. Otherwise they will be stuck in the split world and surely continue to face infinite amounts of different creatures....

Editing is going to take me over 500hours, I am guessing, also making the props is hard. I need army overalls and then I can film. Unless I do a kinda MIB style. :)
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Fair enough - just let me know whenever

Sounds good though. I'm intrigued!
Damn you two and your codes
;-)
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:24
Regular
"everyone says it"
You are staging a huge battle scene in your college gym? With built guns and Predator like visors from a creatures POV? People dying and everything?

Wow, thats excellent.

See you in Stafford :-D
Thu 12/12/02 at 14:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
And that's how you talk in code so no one but er-no knows what I'm on about. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.