GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Preparing for Halloween"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/08 at 12:05
Regular
Okay Halloween is just a week away, time to prepare for your second favourite pagan holiday. Do any of you put up any deocrations or carve any pumpkins?

We tend to just carve a pumpkin and put it in the wiundow at the front of the house to let people know we're giving out treats. We don't really get a lot maybe less than ten and usually have tons of sweets left over.

We're still undecided what treats to give this year. Here's a list of treats that most (American) children don't want to receive on halloween. I think only pb has tried all of them. Their smarties look like those love hearts. Can't believe baked goods made the list, I would have loved delicious cupcakes or cookies.

So any recommendations on what treats to give or not to give for halloween? Are any of the freeola parents (@ngel, pb, dragonlance) taking their kids out to bug the neighbours again this year?
Thu 30/10/08 at 09:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
My plans of halloween is trying to get home after work without being harrassed by childen, chavs and face the bombardment of eggs on me. I'll probably switch off all the lights in the house and sit it out. Just like every year i guess.
Wed 29/10/08 at 14:23
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I am throwing a Halloween house party which also ties in with my Birthday which is in a a weeks time. Im going as Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw.
Wed 29/10/08 at 13:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'll probably go to quite a few things from now until the weekend, and only have a couple of costume ideas. 1: Ed Balls, as the man is bloody terrifying; all it takes is a printout to use as a mask, and wearing slightly formal clothes for once. 2: Generic zombie-age as I have facepain lying around from previous fancy dress nights.

Oh well, if I have nothing much to dress up as, I won't be out spending large amounts of money on drinking and so forth... gives me more time to study at least...
Tue 28/10/08 at 18:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Machie wrote:
> Last year I noticed a few signs that the police gave out to tell
> trick or treaters to get lost.

Yeah they've been handed out in our area this year.
Tue 28/10/08 at 17:33
Regular
Parents tell their kids not to accept sweets from strangers, except on halloween of course.

Last year I noticed a few signs that the police gave out to tell trick or treaters to get lost. I think a lot of people will only come to your door if you have decorations or a pumpkin on display.

I'm still undecided on what to carve this year. I dont know whether the little kids around here will appreciate something like this
Sun 26/10/08 at 11:21
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Ill be shutting the blinds and turning out the lights. I'm not giving them anything, they vandalise my car all year round then expect me to dish out free sweets.
Sun 26/10/08 at 07:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
This Halloween i will not have my kids. T&T will be with Nan and Grandad. Little Kayden will be with my sister. Would i take them out and about where i live. Nope, not in a million years. Tommy and Tyler will prob do something fun at Nans. Kayden i will be taking him to a Halloween party on the Saturday. I wont have the other 2 back till Sunday. So of course they will miss out.

Ill be out clubbing though on the Friday night. So i am looking forward to that. Loads of people are dressing up so i guess that will be fun. Gees ill feel like im off out trick or treating. Hopefully it will be a good night out though.

I wont be the one staying in to listen to people knocking on my door. My sister can deal with that. However i know she wont answer it. Opening the door after dark round here is not something many people do. So alot of the young ones will be out and about earlier. It's usually older kids that mess about after.

I will still be leaving treats out if they decide they will answer the door. If not i guess my kids will just have them.

I tend to by alot of different things. All them funsize sweets mainly. Then little packs of haribo's, then like then pick and mix type sweets. Halloween toys, the kind you would get in party bags.

All good fun though i guess. I am just bored of all the fireworks we are getting at the minute!
Thu 23/10/08 at 09:26
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
pb wrote:
> I've already bought:
>
> Haribo 80 pack halloween edition
> Swizzles mix (Refresher bars, lollies etc)
> Tesco fun size mix (mars, twix, bounty etc rip offs)
>
> That should be enough. now to get some for the trick or
> treaters... ;)

Hehe, I always find myself eating the sweets meant for them. Luckily most of the time they don't seem able to find our front door anyway due to it being concealed by a large tree. :)
Wed 22/10/08 at 17:53
Regular
Yay, house par-tay.
Wed 22/10/08 at 16:46
"possibly impossible"
I've already bought:

Haribo 80 pack halloween edition
Swizzles mix (Refresher bars, lollies etc)
Tesco fun size mix (mars, twix, bounty etc rip offs)

That should be enough. now to get some for the trick or treaters... ;)

The kids haven't been out Trick or treating yet, still too young and Ana Maria didn't want to go. Assuming they're all better (and we're ok as well) then we will get our friends around for a little halloween party for them while I'm in charge of opening the door to trick or treaters and acting surprised (As usual!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.