GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brad Friedel - easily the best Premiership keeper"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 16:50
Regular
He is far better than Barthez, and better than Cudicini, Given and everyone else.
And don't mention Seaman as being better. You retards.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Oh yeah, Paul Robinson is a quality keeper who is letting in quite a few goals.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
What about Anti Niemi then? he's come in and displaced Paul Jones from the Southampton side with a number of impressive performances.

And if were not talking about current form then there is still Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland and David James who have yet to be mentioned.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I think that Enkelman is starting to have a good season too. The only thing that has let him down this season is the Birmingham game.

He has already kept 7 clean sheets this season, which isn't bad.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Vice wrote:
> i'd have to agree the best premiership keeper at the moment is friedel
> but i also think schemiechal and wright are having quite good seasons

---

Ah, Schmeichal - there's another goalkeeper who's been playing very well indeed.

To be quite honest, there are quite a lot of goalkeepers in the Premiership who have great futures, and some that are quite old but are still playing fairly well and could go on for a few seasons more.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:38
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Of course, there are two other goalkeepers in the Premiership that deserve a mention - David Seaman and Shay Given.

Both goalkeepers have been fairly consistent all season, maybe not so much in Seaman's case, with his errors, but overall, he's not too bad a keeper, and has been playing well in the past few games, and Given has also been playing consistantly well over the last few games.

Both good goalkeepers, that as I said, both deserve a mention.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:38
Regular
"we escape....."
i'd have to agree the best premiership keeper at the moment is friedel but i also think schemiechal and wright are having quite good seasons
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's funny, but right now, the keepers that are meant to be the best are being bettered by lesser and less experienced keepers.

Fabien Barthez
He can be a great goalkeeper at times, but sometimes he just doesn't deserve to be playing in the Premiership, let alone for Man U. Ok, admittedly, he's on form right now, but at the start of the season he wasn't playing well at all - making all kinds of mistake. In my opinion Man U need a new keeper before the start of next season, or he's going to do something very costly.

Jerzy Dudek
He wasn't too great at the World Cup, but going into it, he was one of the highest rated keepers in the world. He's been fairly good for Liverpool so far this season as well, but in the last few games he's had a real dip in form, and has been mainly to blame for a couple of Liverpool's losses due to silly little mistakes. No doubt he'll regain form again sometime soon, but right now, he's not the best keeper in the Premiership.

Those are the two high profile goalkeepers that you'd expect to be letting in a few goals, but they've both made costly mistakes for their clubs so far this season. Now here are two goalkeepers who I feel are right on top of their form at the moment.

Carlo Cudicini
The Chelsea goalkeeper is on brilliant form at the moment, and this season he has been the most successful golie in the Premiership. He's had a number of clean sheets, and very few goals scored against him, giving Chelsea the best defensive record. He's doing well at keeping Ed De Goey out of the Chelsea starting line-up, and I feel he'll be a very valueable asset for Chelsea in the future.

Brad Friedel
Played exceptionally well at the World Cup for the USA, and is tremendous when penalties are involved - saved a fair few at the World Cup and has saved more than he's let in so far in the Premiership too. Has now reached the peak of his goalkeeping career, and it is continuing to go up, and if his form doesn't start going down soon, he will be the best goalie in the world, in my opinion.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
One word that beats that name: Cudicini
Mon 02/12/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I am very impressed with Brad Freidel, and I would say that he is the best keeper in the Premiership at the moment.

I wouldn't say that he is easily the best, as Chelsea's Cudicini is also very good. There are loads of brilliant keepers in the Premiership, but a few are making very costly mistakes.
Mon 02/12/02 at 18:13
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
For quite a few years now ive been a big fan of Friedals, i also agree he is the best current keeper in the Premiership (cuducini is 2nd in my opinion) and i can only think of Juventus's Buffon who is possibly better than Brad in Europe at this time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.