GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I say old chap, what game?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/12/00 at 20:55
Regular
Hmmmmm tomorrows i'm getting one last game b4 christmas, then i probably wont be getting anymore that are out now as there are some great titles coming out after christmas and i'll be gettingthem instead, what one would be the best choice.
Thinking DOA2
or Timesplitters, dont mind others as well.

I have....
SSX
TTT
and
Ridge 5 already,
Tue 19/12/00 at 15:12
i have 3 leads, 1 i know is in colour 1 i know is in green and the other i dont know.
Dammit know i feel like getting one more game. i dont know if i should get DOA2 or wait till next month for other games.
Tue 19/12/00 at 09:38
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I'm not too sure how it all works, but if your scart connector has most of the pins wired up, then the chances are it's an RGB scart lead.
Also, if your DVDs are green then it's a true RGB lead!
Mon 18/12/00 at 18:32
Well i had the sound/PSX/t.v scart from sony that went from my PSX to my t.v and hi-fi, so that will make the 60hz work properly, right...
Mon 18/12/00 at 18:10
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
The game gives you an option screen when you start up. It offers 50Hz (will work on all t.v.s), or 60Hz for scart connection.
It also gives you an option to test to see if you have everything set-up for the 60Hz option. (Using the composite lead on the 60Hz option will give a grey screen).
The graphical difference is large, and the borders are VERY noticable in 50Hz mode.

It does make you think about the drop in standards we sometimes have to put up with because of our PAL tellies. I once owned a Scart Super Famicom, and all games played full screen and 30% faster than the UK SNES. I hope that we're not getting shafted on the UK PS2 without knowing it!
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:42
Thanks for pointin it out.

*hates it if people dont point it out when i'm wrong*

I decided to get DOA2 as well, but thas the last game for this year. I want to get it b4 or around Christmas. Sooo SR as WM said, why is your date jan the 1st for it's release, it's out in all other shps i go to. It's just cheaper here at £36.99 everywhere esle is £40-45 and i am that tight on money at the moment i cant afford it. so have you actually got it?
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:41
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
It'll work with composite, but it has borders. They haven't optimised it properly.
Definatly worth getting an RGB cable!
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:09
"High polygon count"
Pulsed,

Strictly speaking, PS2 comes with a composite lead, not a SCART lead.

Baz,

When you say "dedicated 60Hz SCART option" does it *have* to be an RGB SCART lead, or will the composite A/V lead work just as well?
Mon 18/12/00 at 17:05
well everyone who has a PS2 will be using a scart lead unless there t.v doesn't have a scart input socket cuz it comes with one.
Mon 18/12/00 at 14:08
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I bought it on Friday from a small private shop for 39 quid.
You really need a scart lead for this game, because it comes with a dedicated 60htz scart option, which presents the game with crisp graphics with full screen size (no letterboxing).
I think people should insist on this option in all future games, because comparing the two options will leave you in no doubt as to how you will want to view your games in the future.
Mon 18/12/00 at 12:48
"High polygon count"
Well, I was in my local Game on Saturday, and DoA2 is indeed available for sale now.

I have it, and Madden, on order from SR though, so I didn't buy it.

So, Ali/Tony - any explanations as to why you have it listed as a 1st January release? It was listed as 15 December when I ordered it, and changed to 1/1 the following day!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.