GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Bond Die."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 20:32
Regular
There may be some of you that love Bond films, well I love them to, yet only the original few. Since then the series has just gone into a somewhat chip pan state, where every few turns at a Bond film will make an ok one. Nothing special.

Not to many spoilers, you can read ahead, just an opinion.

I find it impossible to enjoy a bad film, even if it is a Bond film that is what some people would call 'SUPPOSED TO BE BAD'. Fact is, Bond films haven't always had the bad scripts, a few of them have been very good and worth the two hours of life to sit through. Its true, Bond effects have never been the best and added gadgets and 'never done before' stunts are introduced. THE ONLY REASON nobody had done the stunt/s before is because its a crappy one second stunt.

Oh oh! Lemme ask a question! Who here has seen the Aston Martin flip over on the ice. Well... don't bother going to watch the film. Thats about the main stunt. At least the effects could have stood up to date and stayed with the other films that are around. Especially as its trying to be an action film of some sort.

Simple fact, no matter what any of you lot will shout back. Die Another Day is a bad film. A waste of budget and your money. If you enjoy it, its still a bad bad film, and nothing I will ever look to want to make.

Its as bad as XXX. And thats saying something. Terrible, crap, bad films.

Urgh.
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:59
"slightlyshortertagl"
It's crap.. I'm too tired to go into details now though.. maybe tommorow
Thu 05/12/02 at 00:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ok, this is what a fellow film maker on another forum I visit had to say about bond. It trully wraps it up.

'Shame it is rubbish...

Doesn't feel like Bond at all. The effects are very lame, the stunts are ridiculous (not just very far fetched like normal Bond) and mainly CG. What makes it all worse is that Bond does no spy work at all and the dialog is poor and corny (feels more like a Bond spoof at some points).

Jinx was far too prominent for a Bond film and just seemed to fail at everything (not exactly a hard core spy - more like a comedy spoof spy). The opening scene and opening titles of the film looked and felt true Bond and it looked like they could have taken Bond in an interesting direction with the torture camp but by half way in it was feeling more like xXx than Bond.

The diamond mine was on top of a lake - how does that work? The plane's wings were on fire, which is where fuel is generally stored - big explosion that didn't happen?

Yeah, some people say Bond has always had dodgy scripts and effects but this Bond cost 140million+ to make. They could and should have done a lot better. I rate Die Another Day as one of the worst films I've seen all year - even Halle coming out of the water wasn't good enough to shift this film out of my "never want to see it again" list. Unfortunately I did see it again, my girlfriend wanted see it. On second viewing I liked it even less, although the start was good, then second half seemed even worse and even more silly.

But in answer to your question, I think its doing really well over here. Well it has beaten Harry Potter. I look forward to a class film coming along and kicking its behind. I used to love Bond but I fail to see how they can return from this film. We need Two Towers now...'

We do indeed need Two Towers NOW!
Wed 27/11/02 at 21:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Starlight wrote:
long live Goldeneye.

-------

Indeed.

"I am in-veen-cible!"

Best Bond quote... ever

Anyway, I am yet to see the new Bond film. I've seen the last three at the cinema, so I think I'll go see this one, my mate wants to see it. Bond films very rarely seem any good the first time I see them, especially when I was younger and didn't understand half the stuff that was going on. I didn't care for Tomorrow Never Dies at all, but it grew on me. Obviously, Goldeneye was great from day one, but hey, that's Goldeneye
Wed 27/11/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
I did't like the theme song either, but i liked the opening scene what they improvedwas the bullet that comes flying out at you.Thats the best bit!w00t!
Tue 26/11/02 at 23:26
Regular
Slaveunit wrote:
> Madonna shoul have salt rubbed into her eyelids for that theme tune.
> It's not good at all, and it certainly aint bond.

That's another thing that pieced me off about the film. Not only did Madonna feck up the theme tune she also had the nerve to have a cameo roll in it.

Stupid tart!!
Tue 26/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
I saw it today...way too many puns. The only laughable one was when he slyly remarked, "I missed your sparkling personality," to the 'second boss' if you will (I can't remember his name). In fact, the 'second boss' was the only decent character in it, his face ruled after that diamond explosion. :D They killed him off way too easily.

I didn't think it was too bad, but by no means very good. Some of the special effects were unbelievably crap, and the whole idea of "Icarus"...well, someone explain how he got it up there in the first place?

I thought Brosnan was good though. {:)
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, the funny thing is, that the way he flips the car over wouldnt
> work. Iam assuming it is the ejector seat thats supposed to do it. But
> as the seat would have no purchase on the car when it hit the ice, it
> would strike the ice and then fly to the back of the car, and thats
> just not cricket.

Not trying to be smart but I am a huge Bond film and although they are not perfect I still love them

With regard to the ejector seat idea most true ejector seats are not just anchored at the base like an ordinary car seat but sit on two rails at the back and are launched up them into the air. If this was not the case then the chair could shoot off in any direction. So in the context of the film the chair would still be connected to the rails and the car thus creating sufficient force to flip the car.

Anyway its just a blooming film and stop being so pernickity

I bet you went round complaining about Tom and Jerry after you hit a mouse with a pan and it didn't leave a mouse shaped print in the base

:op
Tue 26/11/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Madonna shoul have salt rubbed into her eyelids for that theme tune. It's not good at all, and it certainly aint bond.
Tue 26/11/02 at 11:03
Regular
"cant think of one.."
blahpro wrote:
> I love bond films. Even though they are going a little downhill at the
> mo...

I agree totally, but I think Pierce Brosnan's last 3 films were all ok. At least they felt like Bond films.

As mentioned above, Bond felt more like XXX, which is not a good thing. (even if Vin Diesel is pure class)
Tue 26/11/02 at 07:03
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I love bond films. Even though they are going a little downhill at the mo...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.