GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I withdraw my savings and bury it in the garden?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/08 at 15:55
Regular
Seriously, it's awful seeing all these banks collapsing. If your money isnt safe in a bank then where can we keep our savings? Maybe we should invest it in gold bars and bury them in the garden?

This is all Garins fault. I told him that an economy dependant on debt is just not going to work. If I give the bank £1, how the hell can they magically turn that into £9 and give as a loan or a morgage. What if everyone stopped borrowing money and started saving? Is that not what the banks want us to do?
Wed 01/10/08 at 20:50
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pete_21 wrote:
> Alfonse In Velour wrote:
> So what happens if a bank holding your money collapses? Do you
> lose everything?
>
> No,your covered up to 35K per single account and 70K per joint
> account.

Basically 35k per person per financial institution - not by account.
Wed 01/10/08 at 19:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Alfonse In Velour wrote:
> So what happens if a bank holding your money collapses? Do you
> lose everything?

No,your covered up to 35K per single account and 70K per joint account.
Wed 01/10/08 at 19:10
Regular
So what happens if a bank holding your money collapses? Do you lose everything?
Wed 01/10/08 at 16:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
apparently going to smaller banks might be a good idea. I use to have a massive piggy bank to hold my money when i was a kid as i didn't trust them.

I'll probably fall back to old ways but not quite yet.
Wed 01/10/08 at 15:55
Regular
Seriously, it's awful seeing all these banks collapsing. If your money isnt safe in a bank then where can we keep our savings? Maybe we should invest it in gold bars and bury them in the garden?

This is all Garins fault. I told him that an economy dependant on debt is just not going to work. If I give the bank £1, how the hell can they magically turn that into £9 and give as a loan or a morgage. What if everyone stopped borrowing money and started saving? Is that not what the banks want us to do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.