GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I withdraw my savings and bury it in the garden?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/08 at 15:55
Regular
Seriously, it's awful seeing all these banks collapsing. If your money isnt safe in a bank then where can we keep our savings? Maybe we should invest it in gold bars and bury them in the garden?

This is all Garins fault. I told him that an economy dependant on debt is just not going to work. If I give the bank £1, how the hell can they magically turn that into £9 and give as a loan or a morgage. What if everyone stopped borrowing money and started saving? Is that not what the banks want us to do?
Thu 09/10/08 at 14:46
"possibly impossible"
We're in East Devon, which isn't on there, but Exeter is and that might have a knock-on effect as our neighbouring borough.

Wouldn't worry too much about HSBC, Machie, they're in ok form compared to the smaller banks.
Thu 09/10/08 at 14:30
Regular
Stupid council. Tewkesbury is on there too :(
Tue 07/10/08 at 15:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Heh, twas my fault. So I quit!

No seriously, things are still looking bad... Think it may be best to chuck the £35k into the organisations and then bury the rest in the garden...
Tue 07/10/08 at 11:39
Regular
I was stupid and opened accounts in all major banks and building societies, including Halifax. What's going to happen to my account and ISA savings thing I havent looked at for 3 years?

I thought this $800 gazillion bailout was suppose to fix the economy. All the share prices are falling still. The ftse 100 was at the lowest its been since 2004. Who's to blame for all this? I want to see people getting fired.
Tue 07/10/08 at 09:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> *gulp* My mum saw a news camera team outside our HSBC bank
> earlier today. I don't think they were there to report about the
> flooding, as there isn't any at the moment. :/

I'm an HSBC customer..*gulp*

But luckily I'm with Nationwide as well. Despite their complete farcical way of dealing with things, I think they are the most secure organisation. But I could have been brainwashed into thinking that!
Mon 06/10/08 at 22:42
Regular
*gulp* My mum saw a news camera team outside our HSBC bank earlier today. I don't think they were there to report about the flooding, as there isn't any at the moment. :/
Thu 02/10/08 at 12:26
Regular
If only they watched Ducktales when they were a kid.
Wed 01/10/08 at 23:16
Regular
Or we could draw on Machie's initial idea and invest in shovels. What a deliciously evil way to benefit from these economically uncertain times.
Wed 01/10/08 at 22:44
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Hmm, maybe we need to go and invest our money in ping pong balls or something like that???
Wed 01/10/08 at 22:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah,thats what I meant.Didn't word that very clearly did I ?.

Although NS&I and Northern rock (which has been effectively nationalised) offer extra protection as they are backed by HM treasury.Irish banks now also have unlimited cover but I think this is only for a period of the next two years ? (Post Office savings is Bank Of Ireland).

Right,now I know the safest places to store any huge piles of cash which I haven't got !.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.