GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contact Page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/08 at 00:42
Regular
"imaginary friend"
I have an instant site at moment and am in process of converting it to a homemade site in Dreamweaver. I have managed to transfer most of my pages... but I can't work out how to sort out the contact page. Help please???
Wed 01/10/08 at 19:37
Regular
"imaginary friend"
Ok... thanks again... I'll try it out and see what I think looks best. Its handy to know though in case I need to use it.

I've run out of problems for the present time... but no doubt will be back soon!!!!! I guess I have to post on the normal website forum from now on though. :-)

S
Wed 01/10/08 at 10:46
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear you've got things working :¬)

Re. captcha:
After your FORM tag you have a list of fields - add the captcha line to that list.

The page will still look the same but the captcha 'request' will appear when someone tries to submit a message.

You may find that you don't need the captcha. I only use them if I find a feedback form is being abused (spammed).

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Tue 30/09/08 at 21:07
Regular
"imaginary friend"
Hi Hmmm...

Thanks for taking the time to help me so much. I seem to have cracked the Commment Page now with your help... thanks. I can't find where I should enter the code for the security box though.... . I know you will know. I have tested the comment box and the emails arrive ok.

I'd never have managed to get this far without your help.... thanks again.

S
Tue 30/09/08 at 09:04
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I managed to find your 'form' it looks as if you are nearly there! :¬)

You need to create the following files to stop any 404 errors (the pages should contain suitable messages):

thank_you.htm
missing_fields.html
email_could_not_be_sent.html

And also remove the duplicate /body /html tags.

Mon 29/09/08 at 23:22
Regular
"imaginary friend"
Thanks guys!

I have now got my site up onto the web Hmmm... but I am still working on getting the contact page to work... the trouble is I don't understand much of the technical jargon. I will persevere though and keep you posted.

S
Thu 25/09/08 at 13:39
"Are you sure?"
Blue Fairy wrote:
> Thanks Hmmm... I knew you would be the first to get back to me
> with help. I have followed the instructions and presume all the
> fields don't actually become active until I upload my site, which
> will be my next learning curve!!! It was because of your
> encouragement I decided to improve my site with some drop down
> menus which I can't load in the instant sites.
>
> I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Always trying to help!

Yes you're right, the 'form' will need to be online for everything to work.

I can recommend Filezilla a free 'open source' FTP application. Using a standalone FTP application is the best way to manage your site.
Download the 'client' version not the server one.

Thu 25/09/08 at 00:04
"Was the man of marz"
Blue Fairy wrote
> I am not that good at all of this and wouldn't have a clue how
> to go about creating a page in java script........ but thanks for
> the reply.

You would just have to insert it into your html page (I didn't find it difficult the first time), although php is the way to go, unless you ever migrate to a host that doesn't support it.
Wed 24/09/08 at 23:03
Regular
"imaginary friend"
Hi 2002-Just a Number

I am not that good at all of this and wouldn't have a clue how to go about creating a page in java script........ but thanks for the reply.
Wed 24/09/08 at 23:02
Regular
"imaginary friend"
Thanks Hmmm... I knew you would be the first to get back to me with help. I have followed the instructions and presume all the fields don't actually become active until I upload my site, which will be my next learning curve!!! It was because of your encouragement I decided to improve my site with some drop down menus which I can't load in the instant sites.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Wed 24/09/08 at 21:27
"Was the man of marz"
Hmmm... wrote:
> You need to create a FORM to copy the contact page.
> Freeola provide a PHP script to allow you to do this - see
> this
> page
for details, or you can use a third-party one
> (Tectite.com provide a very comprehensive free script).

Can't you use a JavaScript form?

Or do people still disable it in their browser

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.