GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't Stare At Me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 22:08
Regular
Here I am walking along the street. Going to the station to get to my home. And I notice that everybody I pass is looking at me. Why? What possible reason could they have for staring at me as they walk past. And that's not even the worst. No, what's worse is the people who ignore me completely. They walk past me and put their heads down. But as soon as I turn around to look at them once they're past me I find them staring. And even THAT'S not the worst. What's worst is that as soon as they see me looking at them, they dip their heads. Are you ashamed to look at someone? No I don't thik that's it. I think you're ashamed to be *caught* looking at someone. As if *I've* violated you.

And why are you looking at me anyway? All I'm doing is talking. Nothing out of the ordinary is there? I'm just like all of you so why are you singling me out? Can't you just accept that not everyone is like *you*. Slightly erratic but I wasnt doing anything intrusive, abusive or threatening yet still you stare at me as if I was in a cage. Why can't we just all except and respect everyone elses idiosyncracities, their veering away from the "normal", their uniqueness, why do we have to make a spectacle, point it out, stare at it, make a joke at it, gasp at it?
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:39
Regular
"dashing"?

You may have got away with that a few months ago Sheepster, but we've all seen your photo now...

:-P
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People always look at me

I put it down to my dashing looks, I can see them melt inside.

hoho
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:36
"Mimmargh!"
Everyone in the entire street was looking at you? Everyone...because you say you were slightly differant?

You were dressed in a clown suit weren't you? :-)
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:44
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I never walk anywhere. But when I drive people flash their lights, hoot, accelerate as I am overtaking and generally make weak attempts to push me off the road. Some try to race me, some deliberately drive slowly in front of me.

Others wear their daylight fog lights at night to blind me as I drive behind them, but that's just because they are thick, and not aimed at me personally.

Particuarly when I drive the Citroen Berlingo Multispace Forte.
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Never mind the colour, what about the smell?!

*raises hand*
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:21
"High polygon count"
Never mind the colour, what about the smell?!
Wed 20/11/02 at 12:00
"Darkness, always"
This thread is the colour of a public toilet.
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:44
Regular
"everyone says it"
I got extremely drunk last night. I abused the alchol shall we say. It was a kinda college thing, well, all the people there were from college. Anyways, a fine fine fine gurl was dancing. I was drunk, she is fine.

*mutters rest of story*

Meh, I kinda bollocked it up. Now I know I shall be stared at.
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was in a traffic jam this morning, on the way back from Lundun.
So I'm sitting there, smoking and listening to the radio.
"walk this way" comes on and I start singing along, I'm in a good mood and it's as if the gods know this by dropping my favourite tune on my noggin.

I'm there giving it "Schoolgirl sleazy with a classy kinda sassy, little skirt hanging way up her knees" with a big stupid grin, look over and a businessman in his Volvo is staring at me like I've tried to rape his sammiches or something.
I nod and smile at him, he fixes his gaze ahead and ignores me.

Well excuse me for being happy at 7:35am stuck in traffic (my good humour has nothing to do with spending the evening with a fine lady of excellent physical prowess and limited morals, no sir)

Today is a good day, people can stare all they like.
Wed 20/11/02 at 11:20
"High polygon count"
I put it down to today's society.

People don't look directly at other people (strangers) in case they get the old "What the f**k you lookin' at?" attitude.

Mind you, I'm also guilty to some extent - if I'm walking along and someone I don't know smiles at me and says "Morning!", I tend to think, "Bloody weirdo!"

And that's wrong. I should really say "Morning!" back and be happy that someone in this world is still nice enough to say "Morning!" to a complete stranger.

I'm just overly suspicious, I suppose - of the opinion that any stranger who's overtly friendly is 'obviously' after something.

Sad, really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.