GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't Stare At Me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 22:08
Regular
Here I am walking along the street. Going to the station to get to my home. And I notice that everybody I pass is looking at me. Why? What possible reason could they have for staring at me as they walk past. And that's not even the worst. No, what's worse is the people who ignore me completely. They walk past me and put their heads down. But as soon as I turn around to look at them once they're past me I find them staring. And even THAT'S not the worst. What's worst is that as soon as they see me looking at them, they dip their heads. Are you ashamed to look at someone? No I don't thik that's it. I think you're ashamed to be *caught* looking at someone. As if *I've* violated you.

And why are you looking at me anyway? All I'm doing is talking. Nothing out of the ordinary is there? I'm just like all of you so why are you singling me out? Can't you just accept that not everyone is like *you*. Slightly erratic but I wasnt doing anything intrusive, abusive or threatening yet still you stare at me as if I was in a cage. Why can't we just all except and respect everyone elses idiosyncracities, their veering away from the "normal", their uniqueness, why do we have to make a spectacle, point it out, stare at it, make a joke at it, gasp at it?
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Tribute wrote:
> Do you know what the worst situation is? Picture the scene -
>
> You're walking home. By yourself. And a group of (fit) girls walk in
> front of you... where do you ook? Look straight forward and risk them
> thinking you're looking at their bums, or just look away, to the other
> side of the street? I do both...

Just look at their bums! If they turn around and give you a look, just say,
"It's a free world, love. You wouldn't dress like that if you didn't want people to notice."
Then resume staring at her bum!
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
People look at me when I walk down the street because I'm only wearing a green vest and some peacock feathers sellotaped to my buttocks
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:57
"Darkness, always"
What do you expect? Everyone wants to be noticed, but nobody wants to be seen.

We live in a very dumb world
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
This post has haunted me. I'm paranoid every time I walk down the street that I'm doing something wrong.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:48
"Darkness, always"
smack him in the teeth.
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
So I can't look at you
I can't not look at you
and I can't can't glance at you and then glance away.

What can i do? :S
Thu 21/11/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Dr Duck wrote:

> I figure she must have been trashed.

reading you post i was thinking the exact same thing....
:)
Thu 21/11/02 at 02:52
Regular
In the bar room of the (students) union tonight, a guy i vaguely know and who appeared to be his girlfriend came over. After brief introductions she came over to shake my hand, then proceeded to stare at me for about a minute and a half. Literally.

Time it. It's pretty... odd at best, having someone stare at you, directly at you, for that long. She was obviously with this guy, who i know (ish), so i wasn't going to try to get envolved anyway, if that had been why she was staring at me (though it wasn't *that* dark :^) ), but after saying hi, acknowledging her when you first realise she's still looking at you, what do you do for the next minute?
I just tried to direct my attention elsewhere and engage someone else in small talk.
I figure she must have been trashed. Or a big time cook-tease?
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:37
Regular
"Selected"
you'd go crosseyed; one eye foward the other across the street? i bet if they did turn around they'd think you were more insane for doing that.

my favorite thing to do is just stare around with my mouth open. it's my favorite.
Wed 20/11/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Festivus!"
Do you know what the worst situation is? Picture the scene -

You're walking home. By yourself. And a group of (fit) girls walk in front of you... where do you ook? Look straight forward and risk them thinking you're looking at their bums, or just look away, to the other side of the street? I do both...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.