GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Windows XP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 17:06
Regular
When i got Windows XP laptop soo happy i quickly unpacked it and started it on then as it loaded up i entered all my information and started using my laptop. then i went on the net and downloaded some clips than as i played them the whole scrren started to go white and it went fully white on the whole screen and then it carshed and it was the fault of the crap procceser i was soo unhappy when it colud not play clips or movies any more XP is soo crap
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Punctuation is sooooo nineties
Fri 22/11/02 at 00:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Probably. I know loads of linux geeks, at least 70% of them have had close encounters of an alkaline nature.
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:10
Regular
"relocated"
I think in my whole life I've met four people who use Linux. One of them is a very good friend. The other three I would cross the street to avoid. Let's just say that some distros should come with *soap*.

Maybe I'm just unlucky :(
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You should meet Kieran :)
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
"relocated"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Well, all I see whenever my brother uses Linux is him downlaoding and
> installing yet another update for the kernel.

Yes, but you also see a prince among men, an open-source revolutionary bravely battling the Gates' monster. You should be proud.
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, that's the point. New kernels are good, they bring new features, bug fixes and security updates aplenty. Whereas Microsoft releases a "service pack" once a year. What's the point in that?! A years latency on fixing problems? wtf?
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:42
Well, all I see whenever my brother uses Linux is him downlaoding and installing yet another update for the kernel.
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Of course it has, but Linux's problems are less annoying, less random and more fixable. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, but for many things I prefer the fire.
Wed 20/11/02 at 16:38
What, and Linux hasn't?
Wed 20/11/02 at 07:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Whooo! wrote:
> If "it was the fault of the crap procceser", why is XP crap?

Because it shouldn't use that much processing power.

XP is better, but it's still got some big problems.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.